095: Evan Afton

Evan quietly ate his lunch at the corner of the lunch table, hiding out in the furthest corner of the cafeteria. That's what he always did. He always spent his lunch alone nowadays. The friend he had last year switched schools this year--and the kid never ate lunch with him, anyway. So no he had no friends at school with him other than his plush. And even then, Fredbear only talked to him when the Nightmares came. Never any other time.

A sudden, tiny clunk made Evan flinch and look up from his lunch.

One of the kids in his class sat down in front of him. It was the black-haired girl who had won a Golden Freddy mask from Fazbear's just like Evan had, and the two were always getting their masks mixed up. She offered him a small yet genuine grin as she started to eat her lunch.

Evan simply watched her with curious eyes.

Finally, the girl broke the silence. "Your name is Evan, right?" she asked between bites of her food.

He hesitantly nodded his head. "Can... C-Can I help you?"

The girl giggled. "I saw that you were eating alone, so I came to keep you company." She took a bite out of her sandwich before looking at him with a slightly concerned but questioning expression. "Would you like me to go? If I'm bothering, I can leave."

"N-No, you're fine," he mumbled. "Wha's your name?"

She grinned excitedly. "I'm Cassidy," she said proudly. "And you're Evan Afton, yeah?"

He chuckled. "Yup. That's me."