097: William Afton

Michael hadn't come out when William went to pick him up from his sports practice. It made William a little nervous about where his son was, but he figured that Michael just went home with Analex after her drama club meeting. They did that all of the time. They'd meet up outside of the school, then walk to her house since she lived nearby and study for a couple of hours before Michael would walk home before dinner at seven o'clock.

Michael didn't return home before dinner. Or during dinner. Or after dinner. It was making William antsy. Sure, Michael had a curfew, but he sort of set his own. He never came home after eight, and it was nearing seven-fifty.

Suddenly, Evan squealed and ran out from behind William, Elizabeth following after him. William laughed as he watched his youngest kids play tag. Just the other day, Evan taught little Elizabeth how to play it, and the little girl absolutely adored it. Playing tag was her favorite thing to do.

"William!" Henry shouted from upstairs. "A little help, please?"

William chuckled. "One minute!" he shouted back before he turned to his kids. "Be good, you two. I'll be right back. Evan, keep an eye on your sister."

Evan gave him a big thumbs-up, then started running off when Elizabeth continued chasing after him. 

William made his way into the living room, went upstairs, and went into Henry's bedroom. But he couldn't find his friend anywhere. "Henry?" he called. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the bathroom," he replied, laughter filling his voice. "I just got out of the shower, but one of the twins stole my towel. Could you get another one for me to use, please?"

William sighed, then chuckled. "You don't know which one took it?"

"I just got out of the shower, you idiot. I don't have my glasses on."

"Mischievous little kids." He smiled when he heard his friend laugh. "I'll go get you one. I'll return in a bit."

About six minutes later, he and Henry sat on the couch in the living room as the two of them watched all of the kids play together nicely.

Except for Michael.

The boy still hadn't returned. And it was making William start to panic. He continuously checked his watch and looked outside of the front windows, but no matter the amount of time that passed, Michael never returned.

"Hen, have you seen Michael at all today?" he asked worriedly, fidgeting with the clasp on his watch band.

Henry hummed as he thought. "I don't think I've seen him since this morning. Why do you ask?" he asked just as he realized William's anxious fidgeting. "When is his curfew?"

"School days, eight-thirty. Any other day, nine-thirty."

"So then he's still in curfew. I'm sure that he'll come home in time."

"No, that's not the problem. He never comes home after eight. He pretty much made his own personal curfew for himself. And it's eight-fifty," he explained as he checked his watch. He sighed, exhausted. "He probably just got caught up in his studying with Analex. I'm sure he's fine."

"Your face says otherwise. Would you like me to call the Belluloses' house to make sure he's okay?"

"Yes, please."