122: William Afton

William sat in the waiting room, unsure what to do. He had found a couple of nurses to care for Michael, so now Michael was being tested for a concussion or other head injuries. With his injury from the Bite, the doctors aren't sure how other head injuries will affect him. So Michael was going to be stuck in the hospital for at least a day to make sure that any injury he had just developed wouldn't affect his symptoms from his TBI. Evan would be in the hospital for a while because of how sick he was. William hadn't heard what was wrong with him yet, but he was extremely sick--much more sick than everyone thought he was. And while Elizabeth wasn't going to be in the hospital for more than an hour or so, she still had the flu. So that meant that William either needed to stay home for a few days or hire a sitter. Neither of which he wanted to do.

William sighed. How did this even happen? He hesitantly got up and started to wander, looking for a payphone. He should call Henry to explain that he wasn't going to be at work today because his sons were in the hospital and his daughter was sick.

He found one a few minutes later, so he dug out two quarters from his wallet in his pocket and shoved them in the coin slot. He picked up the phone and put it to his ear, then dialed Fazbear's phone number.

There was a response about thirty seconds later. "Henry Emily, co-owner and engineer of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, how may I help you?" Henry said habitually, not as peppy as usual but not exasperated. Today must have been boring for him.

"Hey, Hen, it's Will," William greeted softly.

"Oh, hi!" he said, laughing. "Do you need something to be brought over to Fredbear's?"

"No, I'm not at Fredbear's." William sighed. "I'm at the hospital."

"What? Why? What happened? Are you and the kids okay?"

"I'm fine, but the kids aren't." He sighed again. "Elizabeth had an allergic reaction, Evan is apparently dangerously sick, and Michael probably has a concussion."

"Oh, gosh, how did that even happen?"

Another sigh. "Elizabeth wasn't drinking her milk, so I--"

"But she doesn't like milk?" Henry asked, confused.

William rolled his eyes. "Yeah. I know that now. But I didn't this morning." Yet another sigh. "Anyway, because she wasn't drinking her milk, I decided to make her some chocolate milk."

"But she's allergic to chocolate!"

"I didn't know that!"

"How did you not know that?! You and I were both there at the hospital when she had her first allergic reaction!"

"I don't know!" he shouted. He took a deep breath to calm himself. He didn't need to get so wound up. "I already had an argument with Michael about my not knowing of Elizabeth's allergies. I don't want another argument with you, too." He took another deep breath. "Anyway, I figured that I would make her some chocolate milk like I used to do when Evan wasn't drinking his milk. She refused to drink it at first but after a while of my scolding, she finally drank some. So as I was trying to get her and the boys' breakfasts ready, she started having an allergic reaction and screaming." He sighed yet another time. "Michael and Evan came downstairs and they were able to help, thankfully."

"Is she okay?"

"I think so. She's been in the immunology wing since we got here."

Henry laughed softly. "The number of times that we spent in that wing because of you and your stupid bee allergy. I can't believe that your parents refused to buy you the EpiPens you needed."

William laughed. "I know, right? I hated those assholes. Thank goodness that your mom always kept extras with her for me."

"No kidding!" He started to laugh harder, then sighed happily. "Anyway, you can continue."

William chuckled before he took a deep breath. "After we got here, Michael was asking me questions to figure out how and why Elizabeth ate chocolate. He and I got into a fight, and soon after I stormed off, Michael must've noticed that something was wrong with Evan and got help from a doctor or something. Because when I tried to find the boys, he was running back and forth between Evan's room and Elizabeth's, and he rammed into me and hit his head on the floor."

Henry hissed, assumedly wincing on the other line. "Gosh, is he okay?"

"No idea. Some nurses took him to the pediatric care wing to be tested for a concussion."

"Ow, poor kid." Henry sighed. "How's Evan doing?"

"I don't know. I haven't heard anything. Michael said that he was hypo-ex-mic and hypo-shic from no-mow-na? Whatever that means."

"Hypoexemic and hypoxic from pneumonia?" Henry asked.

"I think so. He said it really fast and I couldn't tell what he was saying because he was crying."

"Oh, gosh, those poor two..." Henry sighed. "When Mister Schmidt gets here, I'll grab Charlie and come to see you guys."

"Okay," William mumbled. "I'll see you soon, then."

"See you." And the call ended.

William sighed and hung the phone, then walked back over to the waiting area. He sat down in a chair next to the wall, then rested his head on the cold brick and closed his eyes to possibly sleep. He was exhausted already and it wasn't even ten.

Suddenly, someone called his name. "Mister Afton?"

He opened his eyes and looked around, trying to find whoever called his name. The only person in the waiting room with him was a doctor.

"Um..." he mumbled, staring at the doctor. "That's me."

The doctor smiled kindly. "Elizabeth is available to be seen now."