060: William Afton

"Henry, stop. If you can't do it, you can't do it," William said disappointed, watching as Henry struggled to clean the things in his office. "I understand that--"

Henry dropped the pile of files he was holding onto his desk before he flopped into his swivel chair. "No, Will, you don't understand," he interrupted. "I need two hands to do everything. I feel so worthless as I sit here all day, watching you do everything that needs to be done."

"Oh, Henry," he murmured sadly. He briskly walked over to his friend, pulled Henry out of the chair and onto his feet, then gave him a huge hug. "You're not worthless. I'm so sorry that your hand was springlocked."

Henry sniffed. "It's not your fault," he mumbled back. "It's just super frustrating, knowing that I can't do anything to help out. I can't even hug you back!"

"I don't necessarily care if you hug me back or not."

"But I care! I hate not being able to hug someone back."

"Yeah, I can understand that. You are a hugger," he replied, laughter filling his words. "I'll try to find a way that you can start helping out around here, okay? That way you won't feel so worthless as your hand finishes healing."

Henry nodded his head. "Thank you."

Before William could reply with a quiet, "You're welcome," sounds of Terrance and Michael fighting started to ring throughout the building. William sighed, apologized to Henry, let go of his friend, then left the room. He walked down the hallway and entered the dining room, surprised by what he saw.

Terrance tightly held Michael's jacket in one hand with his cousin's hand in the other. Michael was screaming at him to let go and to leave him alone, but Terrance didn't relent. He was scrutinizing every single wound and injury on Michael's body.

Terrance hadn't been kidding about how Michael hid his injuries underneath his jacket and long sleeves. Now that his sweatshirt was off, William could see that he had a lot

"Oh my gosh. Is this what your bullies have been doing to you every day?" William asked worriedly as he rushed to the two boys' sides.

Michael looked at William with an expression of fear.

Terrance gently loosened his grip on Michael's arm. He glanced at the boy nervously before he looked at William, wondering what to do.

Michael yanked his jacket from Terrance's hand and put it on. Anxiously, he rubbed his arms as he stared at the floor, very slowly taking a few steps away from everybody surrounding him.

William knelt down so as not to be so intimidating. "Michael, is this what they've been going to you every day?" he repeated quietly.

The young one didn't answer. He only continued to avert eye contact and slide his hands over his sleeved arms.

"Michael--"

"I don't want to talk about it!" he shouted. His breathing turned ragged and quick as he looked at William with wide eyes, fear dancing in his eyes. He wiped his eyes and tried to run off,  but William grabbed him by the arm before he could run away. "I don't want to talk about it," he repeated nervously, trying to pull himself away from William's strong grip.

William brought Michael in for a hug, trying to comfort the young boy but not scare him.

Terrance stood up and walked off, then went over to Evan, who was sleeping on the floor near the animatronics' stage.

Michael started to weep quietly as he tried to force himself out of William's arms. William carefully lifted the young one up from the floor and carried him into his office, then closed the door behind him.