Chapter Two: Running Late

Neisey answered her telephone, laughing to herself. " Yes Lisa, I am still going to lunch with you. I can't leave you all alone knowing how you are smitten with Paul already."

Lisa relaxed, knowing her friend wouldn't let her down. " I always admired how she would show her determination to keep the gray areas out of a right or wrong situation.

Stepping in to protect the ones she cares about even strangers if they need her help.
It seems funny how guys react to her. Damn the girl has the 3 Bs beautiful, built, and brains with a heart of gold."

" Damn I am running late." Lisa is already inside. I walk past her car heading into the restaurant. I'm taking my hat off as I enter the Officer Club. Searching around the room, I see Lisa sitting with the two gentlemen.

They stand as I approach the table. The man named David smiles as he pulls out my seat. Paul also smiles as they wait for me to sit down. Lisa looks up at me with a smirk and blinks. One of her eyes lets me know that I am late again.

I apologize to the table for being late. " I explained you were running late," Lisa said as she sipped her ice tea. The waitress placed a glass of ice cold lemonade in front of me. " Have you ordered?" I asked as I looked around the table. "No," Paul spoke up. " That would be rude of us to start without you."

The waitress came to our table and we placed our orders. I ordered my chef salad with double blue cheese dressing, knowing I had a two mile run later today. Everyone placed their orders. I noticed Paul and Lisa talking and laughing. I looked Paul up and down, trying to sum he up.

"How is your day going?" David asked me as I turned, looking in his direction. " Very well and yourself," I answered. "Classes and studying nothing I can not easily handle," David answered. "Classes," I asked, becoming more curious. "Yes, we are here for General School on Fort Knox. This is my 2nd school we have been in the States for about a year."

"How are you liking the States?" I asked thinking ' Lisa, you sure can pick them. They will not be here long. Please don't feel for that guy. I will talk with her later about Paul.

"Neisey, They are exchange Officers from Africa. Paul is from Senegal." I smiled as our food arrived, not saying much about Lisa's information. "David, where are you from?" I asked. " I am from a country once known as Zaire. My Country is now called the Democratic Republic of the Congo. "

" Is it nice there I asked. Yes, it is my country, David replied. We had general conversation throughout the rest of our meal. Lisa and Paul seem to enjoy each other company. Watching them, I feel Paul may truly like Lisa.

The waitress brought our meal tickets as I reached to grab my ticket. David's hand lay over mine as he said, " We will pay." I looked up at him and saw him smiling and removed my hand and said, "Thank you."

They stood up as Lisa and I gathered our things to leave. I watched Paul give Lisa a kiss on her cheek as we were leaving the table. "See you tonight, Lisa," Paul said, smiling. I raised my eyebrows at this but said nothing.

"Neisey, Lisa, and I are going to the movies tonight. Would you like to come? I think she would feel awkward going alone with a group of guys. " One quick look at Lisa's face, I know she would go with or without me. "Damn this girl. I will get back to you and let you know, " I said, walking out of the restaurant and placing my hat on.

"Thank you for lunch again." I said to both guys, walking to my car, not waiting on Lisa. I drove away. "Dial Lisa," I said as I drove back to work. "Hello," Lisa answered. " That didn't take long, Neisey. " What are you doing, girl? You don't know these guys. They are going to be in the States only for a few more months."

" I know, and I am going to have fun Neisey you do know what fun is right."
Just think I can let my hair down not caring about having feelings for him because he is going back home, and I like the fact he is Sooo hot too." Girl, I will talk to you later." I ended our call as I parked my car and headed to my office