Chapter Twenty-Two: Escapes-1

Neisey: POV

It was so good just being with Lisa. When Lisa said she had a plan to help me escapes my mind just went blank.  It was like I couldn't understand the words she was speaking.  My heart started racing, and I felt I could no longer catch my breath. Looking at the seriousness in Lisa's eyes was overwhelming for me. My girl got me !!! She wasn't fooled by the lies...

I thought of my leaving David and being able to live my life once again brought tears to my eyes. I discussed with Lisa the danger she was placing herself in. She looked at me and smiled saying  "ARMY STRONG."  The guys came back after lunch, and we went to the Washington Harbor Mall.

We looked like any other couples enjoying shopping, food, and the scene of the river except for security following us at a distance. I believe if things were different, maybe David and I could have been happy about the baby and marriage. David seemed happy. I guess maybe I could've felt happy.

We walked extra slow through the mall. Lisa  pointed out landmarks to me, which I was to use in my escape. I am so out of shape that I became a little tired. I could feel David's eyes on me watching to see if I was becoming fatigued. David asked if we wanted to come back to finish shopping later in the week?  Perfect !!!

David suggested this only after he purchased me an outfit to wear out to my surprise tonight. I was shocked as he picked it out and refused to allow me to see it. At one point, David held my hand, and I wasn't actually stressed by this.

Later, my surprise turned out to be  the four of us going to a Jazz Club in Washington D.C.  We took two SUVs with diplomat tags. I also realized there were different security teams in place now. They were men from different Countries. They spoke with David and Paul and just greeted us.

David allowed me a glass of wine while I watched Lisa kicking back her long ice teas. I noticed the security team was also in the club stationed at various viewpoints in the place. I leaned to David and asked why so much security? 

David looked at me, not answering for a moment, taking my hand, and said, " Neisey, we are no longer in a small secure environment. You will always have security, my love, even when we are back home."

Standing up, David helped me up as we went to dance. We danced to a couple of songs the band played. I enjoyed watching Lisa and Paul dancing and having fun.

I prayed in my mind that Lisa didn't lose Paul over  helping me. I have to stop thinking about my fears and go ahead with our plans to escape. I must not only just escape but my baby and I must disappear forever.

I leaned on David on the way back to the Fairmont hotel. We left the club early, leaving Paul and Lisa there. I was feeling sleepy because I was not used to being out during this time of night. I undressed and stepped into the shower within minutes. David was in the shower with me.

Taking my washcloth out of my hands and started spreading my soap all over my body turning me around facing him as he grab my waist caressing my baby bump before going down on his knees placing kiss on my tummy.

Talking to the baby about if his Mommie was not so tried, he would pleasure her while feeding him. David stand-up finished rinsing us off, putting on our bath robes and leading me to bed. I looked at the bedside clock and it was only 11:30p.

David gave me my pill with a water bottle to take my pill. I leaned back against my pillow to only feel his chest as he moved me to lay in his arms. " I love you, Neisey, and I don't believe I can live without you and our son." kissing my forehead, saying it more to himself when me.

One of my last thoughts was that, Lord, one lack of judgment changed my whole life. Being a single Mom was never in my plans, like being afraid of my husband and his family. Knowing David married below his status and me moving to one of the most dangerous countries on the planet frightens me. Feeling his arms tightened around my waist, I closed my eyes. ' I am so scared  feeling so weak and alone.