Chapter 23: Alliances?

The young boy continues to go to the rooftops every night. He felt uneasy, unsure, and confused.

Why is everything happening?

What's going on with Aphmau?

Ashter does know.

But since that incident...

It's been off. Like something bad was about to happen.

"Yo, Alpha." Texts Blaze as the Werewolf looks into the screen,

"Hey, Blaze. Did you get any info on Ein?" Ashter texts back.

"Nah, but I did find something even strange." Blaze texts back as Ashter have Blaze a task.

To stalk Ein.

And for twenty bucks, that's very cheap for a spy mission.

"While I was watching him, that Maria girl was acting lovey-dovey with him. Do you know what that means!?!" Blaze texts as Ashter knew something was up.

"I know." Ashter texts back as he then says,

"You did great Ein. I'll get your money in by school tomorrow." Ashter texts back as the two exchange good nights. Ashter plops his hand on the roof, now concerned.

"He made an alliance with Maria's Pack... This doesn't sound good. Not one bit." Ashter thinks...

"Whoever you are..." Ashter closes his eyes...

"Whoever you exact are... Please watch over me..." Ashter prays to that misty humanoid figure... Athena... He hops despite her lack of physical structure she'll shine some sort of blessing onto him.

He needs to make sure his Pack is ready.

He won't go down without knowing he protected his friends. Ashter smiles... Howling a bit to the moon...

Hopefully, all goes well...

It was a new day... Ashter slowly walks into the campus as many students walk into the building as well. Many chatting and or gossiping about whatever they do...

But something didn't smell right.

The hair dye scent... It's different...

No strong ones. But... Extremely strong ones.

This doesn't sit right with the Werewolf. The scent is AWFUL. Ashter continues on however as the smell starts to fade. Barely.

"Alpha!" Blaze is heard as the two meet,

"Blaze! I'm glad to see you!" Ashter says, handing him the money,

"Something is off. Very off. Please tell me it didn't-" Ashter prays for it not to come true... But Blaze's ears and tail perk down,

"Yeah... I didn't want to jump to conclusions myself... But yeah. The East and South Side Packs combined. And worst of all... They're two of the strongest ones." Blaze comments as Ashter growl,

"What does this mean for our pups?" Ashter questions as Blaze shrugs.

"I don't know... But we need to inform the Alpha about this! She needs to know out of every one of us!" Blaze suggests as Ashter nods.

"Okay. I'll look over there, Blaze, you go to that side. If you can't find her just give me a text." Ashter was determined to get this to Alpha.

She can't lead in the dark.

Not even Ashter can.

Throughout the day, a few hours, nothing was found. No scent, nothing, they needed to track her down. But not with this lingering scent of VERY strong hair dye in the hair.