8:Attacking With Looks

One week later...

Penthouse, 17th floor.

On the table, many random metal parts were left out randomly. The most worked on part was a circular shaped piece of iron with many circuits installed inside.

It was unfinished but it looked incredibly complicated. Setting it all aside, Qing Lianmu made himself a cup of jasmine tea and reclined back on his chair, taking his glasses off to massage his temples for a bit.

"You look tired Lianmu. Don't work too hard." Delli hopped onto the chair next to him and jumped over onto his lap.

Smiling lazily, Qing Lianmu closed his eyes while stroking her back to relieve some stress. "Maybe I am, a human's body needs rest though my mind is still quite active. I don't think I'm working too hard either."

"Thank you for worrying about me. Should I take a walk to get some fresh air?"

He asked off-handedly but he was thinking of the idea, he hadn't left his apartment in a while and there was no way to gain any news except through the radio. But he didn't have a radio, he forgot to get one-

He sighed at how he forgot something as equally important at the beginning of an apocalypse.

……

Qing Lianmu walked out of his apartment room number and locked the door. Blood was smeared down the hallways and the lingering stench was strong.

Down below the balcony at the end of the hallway, a mass of corpses were piled up thrown carelessly.

The whole community was quiet and still.

Qing Lianmu's apartment community was expensive so security was much tighter, but now, due to the red rain, it wasn't even safe anymore.

The red rain had lasted for a full six hours on that night. Those that used their tap water were infected and became zombies, this caused people to realise that the issue was much bigger than expected.

With films and movies of apocalypses, they associated this with the end of the world and more courageous people began raiding supermarkets and convenience stores.

Zombies were everywhere and people were afraid of going out and getting bitten. However, many were realising how the world was changing forever and food supplies wouldn't last long without plundering.

Society had been turned upside down.

Listening to the news wasn't effective as even the government didn't have more knowledge than its citizens and only fed lies to control the public from rioting.

The elevators no longer worked so the only way to leave was through the stairs. Those that lived on the highest floors had the biggest disadvantage.

Unless they had the same abilities as Qing Lianmu, they wouldn't be able to get down as quickly as he does.

The streets were silent and empty, without an ounce of life. The entire city felt like an abandoned land and the rushing wind blowing through the air only chilled the sight further.

Every shop was closed and the low growls of Zombies could be heard every few steps. If you looked closely in some areas, dried blood and some pieces of flesh could be seen on the ground, even an arm or a leg would be normal at this point.

The corpse of zombies were left in various places in various positions and horrendous states. A group of them could also be seen huddling together, ripping a victim apart and eating their flesh mindlessly.

Qing Lianmu walked into an alleyway and saw a group of zombies by the dustbins gorging down on the corpse of a woman. He threw a small rock, attracting their attention.