15: A Couple

The car stopped by a gas station near the highway. Needing to be refuelled, Qing Lianmu got out of the driver's seat and took the gasoline out. 

Ke Xia got out of the car and walked into the gas station with an axe in his hand.

Low growls sounded here and there. There weren't many zombies due to the place being less than ideal to stay. Ke Xia took his axe and swung down on approaching zombies, smelling the scent of humans.

After Qing Lianmu had finished refueling the car and seeing Ke Xia not back yet, he went into the shop in the gas station.

"Please don't kill us! We're- we're not zombies and we haven't been bitten!"

"We're really weak and harmless but if you hurt him I'll bite you!"

"A'Xue, don't say that. You'll make him misunderstand."

"But-but he has a bloody axe..."

There were two voices, one male and one female. The female voice was much more emotional with trembles in her voice while the male was much calmer and had a soft voice.

When Qing Lianmu arrived, his eyes blinked seeing the show. Sitting on the ground was a pair comforting each other while a bloody man holding an axe looked as if he was about to behead them.

"What's going on?" He decided to break the deadlock and any more possible escalation by walking towards them.

The two stiffened and looked over, their eyes appeared surprised, especially the female that she seemed to forget her fear for a moment and asked," Are-are you by any chance Qing Lianmu?"

"Yes." Qing Lianmu replied with a smile. The female changed to excitement and said, "I really like your dramas. If I could, I really want your autograph... your acting is so good!"

"A'Xue."

The female froze and frowned tightening her grip on the male's arm. She lowered her head poutingly. "Sorry. I couldn't help myself."

"I know." He replied calmly without any force. "Sorry about that, my girlfriend is a big fan of you." A complicated look passed his eyes. "I know asking for an autograph at this time isn't appropriate."

Qing Lianmu showed that he didn't mind, chuckling evenly with twinkling eyes. "It's good to be lively. Even when the world is coming to an end, having things that can still make you happy in this situation is great."

Then, they heard a scoff from Ke Xia who walked off again. Before he fully left from sight, Qing Lianmu didn't forget to tell him," The car's been refuelled, wait for me my good companion. "

With no response or even the slightest hint, the other disappeared as if he hadn't heard his words at all but Qing Lianmu wasn't worried he hadn't heard.

"Sorry about my companion, did he scare you? He's not a bad person (probably?), he's just not very talkative."

"Yeah he did." The female nodded honestly before her boyfriend could even reply. He covered her mouth and shook his head and looked at him apologetically. "She means nothing bad..."

"Your girlfriend is a very honest person. Don't think too much, words don't affect him at all." Not that he would know, they hardly even talked and only know each other for less than a day.

But to comfort them, a little lying wasn't a big deal.

The couple was actually very good looking. The girlfriend had a pure appearance, delicate and soft with doleful eyes like a deer. Her skin was white and smooth, completely flawless and her black hair appeared just as smooth reminding people of silk.