11:Who Are You?

Under the cover of the night, Qing Lianmu moved swiftly, jumping from the trees through the air to avoid zombies.

Once he was somewhere safe, he took off the white robes and put them away. Delli came out and inspected his injury with worry.

"Lianmu!! You're hurt... What do we do?! What do we do?! You're going to become a zombie!!!"

Qing Lianmu opened his eyes and sighed smilingly. He petted her head to calm her down. "I won't become a zombie."

"But everyone who gets hurt becomes a zombie?! What do I do if Lianmu becomes a zombie... Am I going to have to save the world by myself?!"

"No." Qing Lianmu denied, exasperated. How could a silly girl like her do something as complicated as saving the world on her own?

"I can extract the impurities from my body. So zombification is impossible. Furthermore..."

His voice trailed off as Delli tilted her head. Qing Lianmu shook his head and no longer continued, he took out the first aid kit and bandaged the wound before putting it back. He then changed the subject by showing Delli two energy cores.

Delli's eyes brightened as she looked at the two glowing balls." You're giving them to me too? "

"Mhm. Blue and orange. They have more energy and should be... tastier..." He spoke the last part with mixed emotions.

Delli had a whole pouch of energy cores in her paws, and now she had an extra two. she would look at them from time to time, having an expression of deep contemplation.

Her thoughts were all on one thought, 'Which one should I eat first?'

The colour and lustre of an energy core could determine what level it was catogorised in but inserting some of your own energy to probe would give a more accurate assessment.

Delli's pouch contained mainly of level 1 energy cores from the zombies bathed in red rain, all of different colours faintly visible. She decided to eat the level 1 energy core from the blue-steel spider.

"!!" Her eyes popped in surprise. "This tastes like blueberry muffins!"

As a sweet tooth lover, Delli had been grieving over the lack of sweets and desserts that she almost had blood sugar deficiency.

"Lianmu..." She spoke cautiously.

Qing Lianmu already knew what this girl wanted and flicked her forehead and stated his words with no room for refusal. "I won't go actively looking for one. You should eat all of those energy cores to replenish the world's stability instead."

"No, that's overfeeding me. I enjoy my food slowly."

And now she was lying between her teeth with no shame.

If Qing Lianmu knew he would be getting a picky yet gluttonous assistant, he would've gotten 001 to give him a different Delomia.

"Delli." He called out warmly. Suddenly, Delli felt a chill run down all the way to the tip of her tail and stifly turned to see Qing Lianmu's gentle expression.

"I expect half of the bag to be empty by the time the sun rises. It would be quite a shame if there were no more energy cores to feed you because the bag was too full."

Delli weakly replied, "... Yes."

The moment she made eye contact, every part of her hairs stood up as those frosty black eyes glanced at her with a warm smile.

'Hhh, let's not mess with Lianmu. So scary wuu..'

……

The penthouse apartment in the luxury community area was still miles away, but it's shadow could be seen faintly in the distance.