14:"Mind Your Own Business"

Ke Xia paused.

He turned to Qing Lianmu and coldly spat out, "I don't take pigs along."

"So you think I'm a pig teammate then?" Qing Lianmu smiled amusingly.

Ke Xia didn't respond, neither agreeing nor disagreeing. Qing Lianmu beamed and concluded it as a silent agreement, "Then it's decided. Happy cooperation!"

Ke Xia took his leave out the door, ignoring him. Qing Lianmu followed behind and they walked through the streets.

"Have you decided on a destination?" Qing Lianmu asked.

"No." Ke Xia answered decisively, cutting down a zombie in broad daylight.

"Shall we go to the supermarket then? I have supplies but it probably won't be enough for the journey. " Qing Lianmu suggested.

The supermarket was infested with zombies. Over a month had passed since the apocalypse started and it was more likely to be ransacked already. Even so, they headed to the supermarket.

One thing they were missing was fuel for a vehicle. The two weren't planning to stay in Haeven city.

The windows of the supermarket had been smashed, zombies walked in and out. Ke Xia took out his axe and ruthlessly decapitated the zombies.

He stepped in and scanned the place, the shelves were mostly empty, objects trampled on the floor and blood splattered everywhere.

Rotting corpses were on the ground and they stepped over them to get across each isle. "I guess we wasted our time coming in here." Qing Lianmu searched but every shelf was pretty much empty.

Ke Xia walked out of the supermarket and into the petrol station nearby. He broke down the door with a kick and passed the counters to a storage room.

He swept his eyes over to see a group of 4 playing poker and smoking. They were all on guard when they saw Ke Xia but slowly dropped it after seeing his thin, frial appearance.

"Hey hey hey, now who the fuck are you, barging into our territory?"

A ruffian with a grouchy and greasy, unwashed look stepped forward to approach Ke Xia, puffs of smoke ringing from his crusty lips.

The other three acted like his followers, all the same, middle aged looking men with unshaved beards. The weapons in their hands caught a fraction of Ke Xia's attention before he began examining the basement.

They didn't appreciate being ignored and closed in on Ke Xia, despite being shorter than him by a few centimetres with their weapons aimed his way. "You ignoring us? Well would you look at that everyone... We got ourselves a big shot here!"

"With some big balls too heh."

"Too bad his dicks probably small." Another remarked mockingly.

The middle aged man brought the gun to Ke Xia's face and snarled, "Get the fuck down ya' piece of shit!"

"..." Sweeping his drooping eyes sideways, Ke Xia stared at the gun pointed under his chin.

"Who the fuck are you glaring at, I'll gorge your- Ugk-" The man stepped back holding his stomach in pain.

"Boss!"

The others brought their weapons forward and roared, "You bastard, die!"

Ke Xia put his leg back down and took out his axe. He avoided their attacks and swung his axe.

Whoosh-

"Ack-"

Blood spurted in the air.

The faces of the other guys twisted. "Fuck, I'm gonna kill you!"