17: Trapped

Sobbing ensued in the dark.

"This world is sick. Why do I have to go through this? I didn't do anything wrong. This isn't fair."

"Shut up already! You're so damn annoying with your moaning and whining. You'll be the first to end up dead if you carry on."

"You shut the fuck up! You don't even know how I feel! I got dragged into this unknown place with you random ass people. I don't deserve this—"

Slap!

"Shut the fuck up bitch. What were you about to say? You don't deserve this? Hah." The man spit on her. "We've been here longer than you and you think we deserve this? We already know what's going to happen unlike you. This isn't even the worst part. You see those guys at the door."

He pointed and used his thumb to slash his own neck as demonstration to scare the woman. "Make up more fuss and you'll be the one going before us."

"D-don't think you can scare me with your—"

"No one gives a shit about you anyways. You're better off dead first than we are. Even these guys that came with you are much better."

By newcomers, the man referred to Ling Xue, Yang Chu and the currently still unconscious Qing Lianmu. Actually, he wasn't unconscious but it looked like it to the people in the room.

The space was small, tight and the ventilation was horrible while fitting in around thirty people at once. The only way out was the single metal door guarded by two buff men in black.

"What should we do? My idol is still not awake A'Chu."

Ling Xue tugged Yang Chu by the arm and looked at Qing Lianmu pensive of anything happening to him.

'But he still looks handsome even when he's asleep.'

Including the couple, some of the other people in the room were checking the three of them out and more than once glanced their way. The three newcomers were especially good looking after all compared to these dirty people with them.

"He will be fine, they only injected us with tranquillisers. He'll wake up soon."

Yang Chu softly whispered so that they wouldn't be heard. Besides, there was one of them who hadn't been caught.

A few hours earlier.

Gunshots sounded and everyone dodged. What followed after was a group of men wearing gas masks shooting tranquillisers at them. Yang Chu and Ling Xue were in really horrible positions and was taken down immediately.

Qing Lianmu and Ke Xia were extremely agile so they missed the target. With one swing, Ke Xia was able to kill one and moved to the next in succession.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Ke Xia held up his axe to block but the gas masked men created a big distance between him and them. Qing Lianmu landed by his side and said.

"They caught Yang Chu and Ling Xue."

"Hmph." Ke Xia's eyes glinted with coldness as he mercilessly chopped a chunk of vine off and kicked it into the air.