9:Level 1 Zombies

As the protest continued, Qing Lianmu stayed close by. He knew protests wouldn't do anything to help with a global catastrophe but humans were irrational beings, even if it was dangerous, their emotions would prevail over their rationality.

Causing such a big commotion was bound to lead to a disaster. The government had already dispatched the military and created safe zones, though it was unknown how long it will be able to last in the long run, it was still important.

It was a pity for those people in the military, they had to protect civilians while being shouted at and risk their lives against the zombies.

What's more, zombies who continued to eat flesh non-stop would get even stronger. While pacing around, Qing Lianmu has already felt the difference in some zombies.

They had started off being no different to the zombie virus caused by the level 0 rats, they couldn't even be considered to be level 0 monsters but now, some has evolved into level 1.

"Grrr..."

Low growls entered Qing Lianmu's ears, the taste of copper thrifted through the air with a rottening stench carried over. The smell of humans were extremely powerful when they congregate into one place. The good part about zombies at the beginning stage was how slow and easy they were to kill.

Despite their ugly appearances and vicious attacking methods, they were relatively easy to kill as long as you remained calm and attacked decisively.

The only problem was to not get a single scratch on your body, or else the body would be infected and getting zombified was the only ending; there were no cures for it either.

The sound of rifles and sniper shots were fired, lodging into the heads of the zombies with accuracy. The soldiers were all calm and collected, facing against these undead creatures with level-headedness.

This broke eventually when the people below began panicking, causing a huge fuss and running away wildly across the road. People alike fell to the ground from shoving each other in a rush, not caring for anyone but themselves.

A whistle was blown as the voice of a soldier came shouting down into their ears. "Please don't push! Everybody please calm down and get to safety!"

Despite their efforts, the soldier's commands were all ignored. Ensuring the safety only became more difficult as zombies took this opportunity to attack within the marsh pit, making soldiers more hesitant to shoot.

"Damn, can they stop running to the zombies?! I can't shoot this way."

"We need to get the civilians to safety. Just try not to shoot them and be careful. "

As the sounds of cries and gun shots were fired, more and more zombies were attracted by the noise and followed over. The sounds of cries followed by another quickly intensified, reverberating throughout the whole neighbourhood.

"Ahhh!"

"Get out of the way!"

"The zombies are coming!!"

"Mommy... Where are you?"

"Kyaaaaa!!! Help me!!"

"Mister soldier help me!!"

"Grr..."

The scene quickly fell apart. The exposure of blood was accompanied by shrill screams of agony.  The soldiers were having a hard time dealing with the zombies as civilians were getting eaten alive.

The moment zombies got close to humans and had a taste of their flesh, they would bring forth a burst of energy as their arms reached out to claw them.