10:Adapting Into The Apocalypse

A month later.

In a depilated building in the outskirts of Haeven City, a large round limbless body was laying in a puddle of green-yellowish liquid.

The main body was oval in shape with a shiny bluish-black lustre, and if knocked against, would create a crisp 'tock' sound. However, the hard exoskeleton was cracked into webs stretching down the body with fragments chipping off constantly.

There, a handsome tall and lean man with incredibly attractive features wearing a completely black tight suit was stepping on top of the 2-metre spider's carcass with a dagger plunged into one of the eight eyes, gunk dripping down.

The other seven eyes had their eyeballs gouged out and dangling out while several of its hairy but steel like legs were flung randomly around the dusty and unclean room, equally covered in cracks.

Delli was stood in the air and flew her way over to Qing Lianmu once he had cleaned the dagger.

She circled around the gigantic spider and scrunched her nose with disgust. "This spider was so hard to deal with, it took you three hours just to kill it!"

She spat at the deceased spider's corpse and rubbed her face on Qing Lianmu's cheek. Qing Lianmu's cold eyes swept over to Delli softening instantly. Smiling gently, he threw the dagger into his dimension without care and told her.

"It's not a big deal. I may have strained my body too much so my senses weren't as sharp."

That was pretty much a lie. Qing Lianmu had lived for 500 years, twittering between the edges between life and death since he had first set eyes on the world. Vigilance had been engraved in his bones but the overexertion of the body would inevitably lower his strength.

The creature had tried to ambush him when he fought against a few level 1 zombies inside the abandoned building.

A luminous glowing blue energy core was pulled out. He stretched it out towards Delli and said, "This is a level 1 blue-steel spider that's half a step into level 2."

After spending around a month, Qing Lianmu had been slaughtering zombies non-stop and finding the existence of monsters other than those undead bodies.

Dealing with level 1 monsters were the same as dealing with level 0 monsters for Qing Lianmu, but those half a step near level 2 and higher would be much more difficult.

If level 0 was the start of evolution, then level 1 was finally awakening abilities while level 2 was building basic ability usage and were much more deadly. Furthermore, the overall strength of the physical body would improve.

It was similar to cultivating in a way, but it didn't go against the heavens. This was what made Qing Lianmu the most fascinated about this apocalypse.

At this time, Qing Lianmu had just advanced to Qi refinement stage 8 and managed to kill the spider after blinding its last eye. Then, it was just a free for all as each limb was mercilessly torn off.

Though he was mildly tired from running around the past month, he hadn't been slacking in cultivating so killing a level 2 wouldn't be life-threatening, at most, it would be a bit time-consuming.

Qi refinement realm was similar to level 0 - level 1. After one more stage, Qing Lianmu would be able to break through into foundation realm but absorbing spiritual energy in the turbulent mixture of other energies was difficult.

In a way, it was easier but more difficult to advance once the apocalypse started. Qing Lianmu found fighting his way to break through was much more efficient than meditating.