18: Plant monster

Qing Lianmu didn't have a clue where these men were taking them. But the pink mist surrounding the area worried him a little. It blocked all vision and seemed to have a strange effect on his body.

It tingled him a little.

The sensation wasn't quite strong, almost like an itch but it was uncomfortable.

It reminded him of...

"Hurry up! God you're all so damn slow."

The two were shoved rudely and could only continue following with grimace.

The two men stopped in place and the one in the front turned to his other companions then to us and shoved us through the gate, opened by the others.

The gate shut with a slam and the two were left befuddled at the incoming situation involving vines that slithered towards them. The girl screamed seeing this and ran towards the gate, clutching the bars while shaking.

"Let me out please! We can talk about this right? I don't wanna die..."

The vines were brown in colour and thick, Qing Lianmu avoided them. They didn't follow him at all surprisingly but then— a significant amount of pink mist shot out from the brown vines at him.

He covered his nose as soon as he saw this but he had already inhaled some and felt the world spin for a second.

Then, he saw a figure he shouldn't be seeing right now. 'Master...?'

The flowing dark blue robe full of grandeur and intricacy was a blur yet defined in his eyes.

'Hallucination?'

If he walked over there, would he die?

Qing Lianmu walked towards it, eyes unfocused and dull. The girl saw this and freaked out. "What are you doing?! Ahhh, he's going to die!"

She pounded on the gate and pulled it back and forth, shouting at those guys but they blatantly ignored her. What she was able to see and what Qing Lianmu could were vastly different. Her legs trembled weakly as she glanced in horror.

Teeth. Blood. Corpses.

A giant, bloodthirsty flower was devouring human bodies like it was a feast. The yellow petals were twice as large as a human's body and the middle where nectar would usually come out from was bathed in blood and skeletons, dripping and dropping sporadically.

Deadly thorns painted the stem and the leaves waved audaciously as if to show its contentment at the new nourishment.

And Qing Lianmu was walking towards it. The vines circled around his body and tried to wrap itself around his limbs but then-

Swish!

All the vines were cut instantaneously.

Qing Lianmu continued to move forwards as if he hadn't noticed at all.

The flower was enraged as greenish-yellow fluid oozed out of the middle. The fluid sizzled, melting the ground.

Vines struck at Qing Lianmu, wanting to devour him as quick as possible to provide more nutrients.

As it brought him to its corpse filled mouth, his eyes suddenly regained clarity.

"Corpses still smell bad even in a different world." A small smile spread to his lips as coldness seeped into his eyes.

As he took a dagger out, a large petal was sliced off the plant with greenish fluid spraying everywhere. Qing Lianmu swiftly cut the vines around his limbs and leaped down. He looked up and saw Ke Xia hack away at its leaves, followed by a rampant plant that rumbled the ground.