12:Dangerous Man

"Who are you?"

The man's hand circled around Qing Lianmu's neck, gripping it tightly while he stared at him with cold, cruel eyes soaked in murderous intent.

Qing Lianmu felt his breath hitch laying his eyes upon the other man's eyes.

Pupils darker than the night sky, void of any emotions. Cold, detached and violent. Staring at him intently, ready to cut him down and destroy the splick of life within him.

It was a pair of eyes far too devastatingly attractive, his narrow eyes were sharp and deep, like a sword unsheathed.

If looks could kill, it was exactly these eyes.

'So beautiful...'

Hearing no answer, the grip around Qing Lianmu's neck tightened.

The man repeated coldly, "Who are you?"

His voice was slightly hoarse and low, yet it sent shivers down Qing Lianmu's spine. He tried to move his hand and gripped the hand on his neck weakly.

The sticky touch of blood stained his palm. From the tips of the man's hair, Qing Lianmu could see drops of blood gathering to the tip of his locks, threatening to fall.

The room was too dark and his face was painted in blood obscuring his appeareance. As the grip around his neck tightened, it finally brought him out of his immersion.

With some struggle, Qing Lianmu took in a breath and spoke weakly, "... My name is Qing Lianmu, good evening."

A small gentle smile was placed on his lips. The man froze for a moment, this action caused his grip to still. Qing Lianmu noticed this and stared at him.

After a while, the man finally spat out his words." Qing... Lian... Mu? "

The pressure on Qing Lianmu's neck loosened. Qing Lianmu, with a calm voice, asked politely. "Would you mind releasing me? This position is a bit..."

The man finally focused back on Qing Lianmu but he didn't let go, ignoring his words and questioned him coldly. "What are you doing here? Answer me within three seconds."

The strength around his neck flooded back, with even fiercer power enforced. Qing Lianmu was a bit helpless as he tried to find his voice. "I will tell you... Can you please let go?"

The man's eyes narrowed and he let go of his neck but the threatening eyes never once left his body. Clutching his own neck, Qing Lianmu rubbed it to ease the slight pain.

"I found a strange creature that resembled a human, coming into this floor and followed along."

Then he smiled a bit. "I didn't know what it was doing but then, I suddenly heard a screech and the sound of clashing. So I came to check and found you." He concluded simply.

The man eyed Qing Lianmu who tried to sit up but he leaned forward and blocked his movements. Qing Lianmu was confused by this and stayed still, waiting to see what he would do.

The man seemed to be thinking deeply, but none of his thoughts could be depicted. As they made eye contact, Qing Lianmu could see his own reflection within those abyssal like eyes that was strangely as clear as jewels.

His fingers clenched into his fist unconsciously. His eyes lowered downwards, unknown what it was trying to look at. Then, the man pulled away and sat down again, leaning against the wall again with his eyes closed.

"..."

Qing Lianmu took a breath in, then exhaled. His eyes couldn't help gliding towards the man, examining his body from top to bottom. Feeling something wrong, he coughed while looking away and got up from the floor and walked over to the balcony.

"Where do you think your going?"

The sudden sharpness in the man's question surprised Qing Lianmu and he paused in his steps. His eyes narrowed, but was replaced instantly with calmness as he turned his head around and smiled kindly while pointing outside the balcony.

"I'm going to get my backpack, I left it outside in a rush."

The man's eyes turned, looking at Qing Lianmu's expression, scrutinising it. "No."

"No...?" he echoed somewhat confusedly.

"I'll kill you if you move another step." The man threatened.

Qing Lianmu was surprised by the amount of vigilance and hostility this man had. He was so skinny and beat up, looking as if he was about to drop dead at any second yet he was over here treating him as if he would smash his brains out the moment he did something the other didn't like.

Thinking of this, Qing Lianmu suddenly thought of something and decided to jump backwards, hopping over and standing in front of the man, he crouched down with a harmless smile hung on his lips.

The man's body suddenly tensed as he tilted his head up slightly with a blade behind his back clenched tightly and coldly questioned. "What are you doing?"

"You said I couldn't move a single step but... You didn't say I couldn't jump." Qing Lianmu brought his index finger out and tried to poke the man's cheek. It was held very tightly by the other however who glared at him menacingly.

Before the man could speak, Qing Lianmu said righteously," You can't kill me, I didn't move a single step. I jumped. It's different. "

And with his other hand, he took out a clean handkerchief and brought it close to the man's bloody face.

"You're covered in blood. You should clean yourself first before resting."

However, the man didn't care, ignoring his words and clenching his hand around both of his wrists.

"What's your aim?"

"What aim could I possibly have?" Qing Lianmu asked back in exasperation. "I thought I already told you why I'm here. Besides, if you walk around with blood all over your face, people will mistake you as a zombie and attack you. "

"....." The man didn't respond, as if he was mulling over his words yet not at the same time. Qing Lianmu didn't know what he was thinking and finally gave in.

" Alright mister, you can let go of me now. I won't do anything okay?"

Qing Lianmu showed a look of surrender and showed a friendly smile.

"Am I allowed to leave mister?"

Hearing no response, Qing Lianmu continued speaking as if he was talking to himself. "I left my backpack outside and if I don't get it, others will take it. It would be a bit of a shame, it has food and a first aid kit inside it too."

"Ah, I forgot that it also had a blanket and-"

His words were cut short when he sensed a shot coming his way. Qing Lianmu tilted his head by a millimetre, then heard a 'thud' from behind. He turned around to see a knife embedded in the wall.

Then he heard the man's voice. " Whatever."

Qing Lianmu walked towards the balcony and put one foot over the fence. As he was about to jump, he turned around and waved at the man. "I'll be going then."

Then his figure disappeared, dropping to the ground and running through the alleyway.

_________