Chapter 1

She could feel the tears starting to form in her eyes as she drove down the interstate heading to wherever it was she was going even though she had absolutely no idea where she was going.

For the woman known to pro wrestling fans as Becky Lynch, this was something that she couldn't have even imagined 7 months ago.

She never saw herself being a divorced mother of a two-year-old girl named Roux. She never saw herself leaving the very wrestling company that had made her a star, WWE. She never saw herself leaving her friends behind

But here she was doing all of that.

For Rebecca Quin, she saw it as painful but very necessary. She had to do it.

She had to end her marriage to Seth Rollins after finding out that he had had a one night stand with a production assistant from England named Susie Bates, who was now claiming that she was pregnant with his baby.

Even though her once strained friendship with Ashley Fliehr aka Charlotte Flair was improving thanks to regular conversations, Becky just felt that it would be better to leave, & Charlotte understood that & supported her decision to leave.

Now here was Becky driving to God knows where because when she was granted her release from WWE, she honestly didn't think about where she was going.

She knew that she couldn't stay in Davenport, Iowa because of Seth & his family & friends. She also felt that she never fit in there anyway.

Now as she saw a sign that said "Welcome to Georgia", Becky got curious as she pulled into a gas station to fuel up & buy a couple of snacks for herself & Roux.

"Georgia, huh? I guess this is where we're going," she said as she handed Roux her little chocolate muffin while she fueled up her car.

Once back behind the wheel & on the road, Becky found herself driving into the city of Atlanta. That's when she got curious.

She knew that Cody Rhodes & his family lived in a quiet Atlanta neighborhood.

However, she also knew that Cody & his wife Brandi were top executives with WWE's rival, All Elite Wrestling, & that had her concerned.

Deciding against bothering the Rhodes, Becky pulled up to a hotel, got herself & Roux a room, & relaxed for what felt like an eternity.

After eating dinner & putting Roux to bed, Becky turned on the TV & was surprised to find herself watching AEW Dynamite.

She found herself intrigued by what she was seeing due to her having been too busy with everything to even sit down & watch anything AEW even though she had once said in an interview that she did.

What she saw really peaked her interest. The match between TBS champion Ruby Soho & Red Velvet was fantastic. Both gave it their all, & when Ruby retained her title, she & Red Velvet showed each other respect. Becky liked that.

Still, signing with a wrestling company was the furthest from Becky's mind.

Even though she was considered by many to be the hottest free agent in wrestling, Becky wasn't sure if she wanted to continue her wrestling career due to her wanting to devote herself full time to being a mom.

Still, she found herself liking AEW based on the episode of Dynamite she was watching & wondered if that would be a good fit for her professionally.

Becky would find out soon enough.