Chapter 25

Once the bell rang, it was now on.

Becky & Jade circled each other cautiously. Neither was sure who should make the first move even though they had seen the other compete before.

Then Leila Grey & "Smart" Mark Sterling both showed up, pissing everyone off.

Once she saw them, Becky then grabbed Jade's wrist & began twisting her around while yelling at Mark & Leila.

"You know the terms of the deal!" Becky yelled referring to when she had sneaked in a stipulation during her & Jade's contract signing  segment on AEW Collision in San Antonio, Texas.

Sterling & Leila were both confused. They had no clue what Becky was referring to.

The stipulation was that if either Leila or Sterling interfered in the match, Jade would lose regardless of whether she beat Becky in the ring or not, & Becky would retain the title as a result.

Now here were two people that Jade had constantly by her side willing to violate that stipulation, & they didn't even know that they were going to do just that.

That is until Aubrey Edwards appeared & began yelling at them.

"GO TO THE BACK NOW!!!" She yelled as she waved the contract in both their faces. Once at the top of the ramp, Sterling read the contract & was horrified.

That's when he realized that Becky had tricked them.

As both he & Leila went backstage, Becky & Jade were going at it in the ring.

Becky had to admit that Jade had gotten better in the ring. She executed her moves more smoothly & didn't botch as many as she used to in the past.

Clearly Jade training with people like Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes, & others had helped her tremendously. Plus all the experience she had gained from her time as the inaugural TBS champion had helped her too.

After getting hit with a leg drop from Jade, Becky now found herself in her opponent's finisher, the Jaded. She began to panic when she realized one thing.

Becky could counter it.

So once as Jade was about to drop her, Becky quickly countered & almost got the pinfall.

Jade was now furious, but that fury would be her undoing.

Becky hit her with a kick & hit with the Knox Slam, once known in WWE as the Manhandle Slam.

However, Jade kicked out.

The guys on commentary were even surprised.

"Both women have hit each other with their best shots & have kicked out each time," said Jim Ross.

"Still, we have to have a winner in this match," said Taz.

Back in the ring, both women just glared at each other.

When Jade finally nodded at her, Becky knew that it was time.

Time to end this banger of a match & retain her title.

So Becky knocked Jade down & rolled over her to grab her arm & put her in the Knox Arm Breaker, formerly the Dis-Arm-Her, right in the middle of the ring.

Jade screamed & flailed her legs as Becky bent her arm back at a bad angle. Once the pain got to be too much, the first ever TBS champion did what she felt was the right thing to do.

Jade tapped out.

Becky celebrated her victory & showed Jade respect by shaking her hand & giving her a hug, which had the crowd cheering.

The picture of the two embracing would receive a positive reaction on social media.

"Thank you," she whispered. Jade smiled & lifted Becky's arm up in victory. The two ladies would later take a fun selfie backstage that they would each post on their Instagram accounts.

Once that match was out of the way, everything began to go the way many felt it should.

Except for one match.