Chapter 5

Author's Note: I had started this story some time before the news broke about Cody & Brandi Rhodes leaving AEW. I will address that in this chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week after her phone call with AEW CEO & president Tony Khan, Becky now found herself driving the 368 miles from Atlanta to Jacksonville to meet with him about her possibly working for his company.

As she got closer to AEW headquarters near downtown Jacksonville, she couldn't help but think about some things.

She knew that AEW had been dealt a blow several months ago when Cody & Brandi had left the company in order to spend more time with their daughter Libby, who was around the same age as Roux, but rumors had spread like wildfire on the internet about him going back to WWE, which were later proven to be true when he showed up at WrestleMania 38 in Dallas where he beat Seth in his first WWE match in 6 years. However, due to poor storylines & broken promises, Cody left the company after 6 months & returned to AEW where he returned to his position as executive Vice President. Cody was even helping Tony Khan, who he had resolved his past issues with, with reestablishing Ring Of Honor.

Now here was Becky going to see if AEW was the right place for her. She knew that the lighter work schedule & ability to work with other promotions had been one of the main reasons for Jon Moxley to sign with the company, but the fact that she was a mom & was beginning a new chapter in her life made things not as simple as they seemed to be.

When she got to the huge high rise building, Becky was led to AEW's main offices where Tony Khan was right there waiting for her.

After shaking hands & heading to his office, which had spacious views of the city, they got right down to business.

"Now from what Cody has told me, you have doubts about working here, right?" Asked Tony. Becky nodded.

"You are, Mr. Khan. I'm newly divorced. My daughter is 2 years old, & I just left a place where I spent a little over 8 years at & had huge success," said Becky.

"I understand that, Rebecca. Change is hard at first, but it can be exciting as well. Think about it. In WWE, you were The Man. Big Time Becks. You were a champion. Here in AEW, however, you have to start all over again from scratch. Championships are not guaranteed here," said Tony. "But if you work hard enough, you'll get that chance to be a champion here. In a way, you'll be The Man again."

Becky nodded again. She understood exactly where he was coming from.

She wasn't afraid of clawing & scratching her way to the top. She had done it before in WWE.

Doing the same in AEW made sense to her. It actually got her excited.

"If I do sign with your company, Mr. Khan, I wouldn't want any special favors. I want to earn my opportunities," said Becky.

"I understand that, Rebecca. Based on what both Cody & Jon Moxley each told me, you're not afraid to put in the work, & that's what I'm personally looking for in a wrestler. Someone who isn't afraid to work hard," said Tony. "So do you need some time to think this over, or do you feel confident enough to take the chance here?"

Becky thought about it for a moment.

Then everything began making sense.

That's when she came to her decision.

"I don't need more time, Mr. Khan," said Becky with a smile. "I am All Elite."