Chapter 17

With Jon in her corner, Becky gave Nyla an evil look as she mentally got herself ready for what was for her the biggest match in her AEW career.

All of the personal stuff that had been bugging Becky for the past week went away as soon as the bell rung.

Becky tried to strike first but got clotheslined by Nyla.

Nyla then tried to pick Becky up by her hair, but referee Aubrey Edwards gave her a warning.

Becky, despite being flat on her back after getting power slammed by Nyla, noticed Jon out of the corner of her eye telling her, "You got this, babe."

That's when she made her first big move.

When Nyla threw her into the corner & attempted to run into her, Becky got out of the way quickly.

"Good job, babe! Good job!" Yelled Jon as the crowd began chanting "Becky! Becky! Becky!"

Then Becky really got rolling.

She got Nyla with a couple of good hip tosses & then hit her with the move formerly known as the "Bexploder"

Becky could feel the adrenaline running through her as she prepared to hit Nyla with a leg drop, but she was grabbed by the ankle by Vickie Guerrero, who began yelling at her.

However, Vickie shut up quickly as soon as Jon glared at her.

Becky then attempted the leg drop but got power slammed again by Nyla.

When Nyla tried another move, Becky rolled out of the ring where Jon grabbed her.

"What do I do, Jon? She's too big, too powerful," said Becky.

"She's going to make a mistake. It's happened before. You just have to know when it happens so you can take advantage of it," said Jon. Becky nodded & got back in the ring before Aubrey Edwards counted to ten.

"Looking to your boyfriend for help, Knox?" Asked a smirking Nyla. Becky just flipped her off & began wailing on her with some vicious strikes she had been working on with BCC teammate Bryan Danielson.

"Fantastic strikes by Rebecca Knox. Give credit to the American Dragon for helping her with those, gentlemen," said William Regal to Excalibur, Jim Ross, & Taz on commentary.

Becky had hit Nyla just enough to hit her with a kick to the stomach, but Nyla grabbed her leg & threw her down.

While down on the ground, Vickie Guerrero began laughing at her & saying, "I told you that you wouldn't beat her!"

However, Jon decided to try something himself.

While Vickie was continuing to talk trash to Becky, he sneaked up behind her & yelled, "EXCUSE ME!!!"

Vickie freaked out & ran off in fear.

Becky chuckled as she watched the older woman run off.

She then turned her focus on Nyla, who was now seething.

She grabbed Becky by her head & had her draped over the top rope.

Jon knew that Becky had to get out of the way or Nyla was going to hit her neck with her knee.

"MOVE!!" He yelled as Nyla jumped off the top turnbuckle. Becky got of the way quickly & was out of the ring.

Meanwhile, Nyla landed on the mat in pain & clutched her knee. She would later be diagnosed with a bruised kneecap.

Becky saw it as her chance. She got back in the ring, turned Nyla over, & grabbed her arm, bending it back at an angle that the human arm shouldn't bend at.

Becky had put Nyla in what was now called the Knox Arm Breaker, formerly the Dis-Arm-Her.

As Becky continued to to pull Nyla's arm back, the pain just got worse.

That was where Nyla knew that she had no choice. She tapped out.

Becky was the new TBS champion. She was completely overjoyed.

After getting her arm raised by Aubrey & receiving her new title belt, Becky was pulled into a bear hug by Jon, who said to her, "I'm so proud of you, babe."

Once Claudio Castagnoli, Wheeler Yuta, Bryan Danielson, & William Regal joined them in the ring, the entire arena celebrated.

However, there was one person backstage who wasn't celebrating. She was scheming. In character, that is.

That person was Britt Baker.