Chapter 20

Author's Note: I'll get back to Seth in the next chapter. This one will focus on Mox & Becky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Seth was learning some possibly shocking information that could be life changing, Jon & Becky had just arrived in San Jose with the rest of the AEW roster for Dynamite, Rampage, & a new episode of Battle of The Belts.

For Becky, she was going to be defending the TBS title on Dynamite against Kiera Hogan, who was a part of Jade Cargill's faction, the Baddies. Fans were wondering on social media if this was a warm up to a match between Becky & Jade at All Out for the title.

As for Jon, he wasn't sure what was going to happen to him. He did have an idea that he had suggested to Tony Khan earlier in the week, but he hadn't gotten word on whether it was approved or not so he wasn't feeling sure.

He would get the answer after he & Becky had gotten themselves settled in their hotel room.

While Becky was in the shower, Jon's Samsung phone rang, which he picked up.

"Hello?.....hey, boss, how are you?.....really?......yeah?......that's great. I'll be at the arena at 2pm. See you there," said Jon who then hung up.

Becky got her dried off from her shower & noticed Jon's demeanor as soon as she was out of the bathroom & in her PJs.

"Something exciting happen?" She asked. He nodded.

"You know how I told you about that idea I suggested to TK, babe?" Asked Jon. Becky nodded.

"Well, I'm going to meet with the boss at the SAP Center tomorrow to talk about it," said Jon.

"So are you going to tell me what it is? You've been pretty secretive lately," said Becky.

Jon took her hand in his & finally let the cat out of the bag.

"I'm going to challenge Punk for the world title at All Out," said Jon. Becky was surprised.

"Are you sure about that? He did beat you very badly in that unification match," said Becky.

"Well, I'm more then ready. I feel better then I have in years, & now I have you in my life," said Jon with a smile. Becky smiled back.

She knew how much being AEW world champion meant to Jon. It had meant everything to him because AEW had made him feel important & valued as both a wrestler & a human being.

Now he was planning to get his opportunity against CM Pumk at All Out.

However, there was one problem.

All Out was going to be in Punk's hometown of Chicago, where he was the hometown favorite, & Jon knew that winning the title there could get difficult because the fans were not only very passionate about wrestling in general, but they loved Punk as well.

Still, Jon saw it as a chance worth taking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following afternoon, Jon was meeting with Tony Khan about his wanting to challenge Punk for the title while Becky was at a local CrossFit facility getting a good workout in before her match on Dynamite.

After she had gotten cleaned up & was back at the hotel, Becky felt her phone vibrate.

"What the hell?" She muttered as she pulled her phone from her bag.

She wasn't prepared for what she saw.

What she saw was a text message from Seth, & what it said shocked the hell out of her.

""Rebecca, come to the hospital. I need you."