Chapter 6

A week after her meeting with Tony Khan, Becky began negotiations to sign a contract with AEW & start work with the company.

However, something suddenly came to her mind during one part of the negotiations that was beginning to make her rethink her decision.

With Tony Khan also working on getting Ring of Honor, which he also owned, back up & running, Becky began to wonder if she was going to have to do matches with that promotion as well.

So she decided to call him even though she suspected that he may be too busy to take her call. Luckily for her, he was able to take her call.

"What is it, Rebecca?" Asked Tony.

"This just came to my mind recently. With you busy with Ring of Honor & such, is there a possibility that I might be competing there as well?" Asked Becky.

There was then silence on the other end but not for long.

"Only if you want to, Rebecca. The choice is yours," said Tony. That did ease her concerns a bit.

Deciding not to give it another thought, Becky thanked Tony & hung up.

After dropping Roux off at her cousin Lizzy's house, Becky made her way to the gym she now had a membership with.

It was there that she would run into Jon Moxley.

Ever since she had seen him at the Nightmare Factory, he had gone back to Las Vegas to take care of some personal matters that Becky wasn't aware of due to her deleting all of her social media accounts because of them being connected to WWE.

Now here he was working out on some machines & looking great. Ever since completing a stint in a Nevada rehab clinic for alcoholism, Jon became committed to his career, his health, & his sobriety.

One thing he wasn't willing to be committed to was being in a relationship due to serious trust issues that he wasn't sure if he would ever overcome.

When he finished up doing some triceps curls, he noticed Becky shyly approach him, which made him chuckle because he had never known her to be shy.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey yourself, Rebecca. I thought you would be here busting your ass like you always do," said Jon with a smile.

"Well, I was planning to, but I saw you here & thought I would say hi," said Becky.

"I'm glad you did. So do you want a workout partner?" Asked Jon. Becky happily nodded, & the two began working out.

While they exercised, Becky finally admitted why she was now living in Atlanta, which had Jon interested.

"So old Colby fucked up, didn't he?" Asked Jon.

"Why do you not sound surprised by that?" Asked Becky.

"Because it's not the first time that he's been with someone that he's been crazy in love with only to screw it up for himself by cheating," said Jon.

"Well, you have known him longer that I have," said Becky.

"I know, & I really thought that when you & he got together that it would be different. You two had a connection that I had never seen him have in any of his past relationships," said Jon.

Becky then found herself tearing up at that, which caused Jon to go & give her a hug.

"I'm sorry, Rebecca," he said as he held her close.

"It's OK. I thought so too," said Becky as the tears began to stream down her face.

She then found herself enjoying being in Jon's arms. She felt safe.

When she began to pull away, she found herself looking into his beautiful blue eyes & found herself getting lost in them.

However, she snapped out of it.

"Sorry about that," she said feeling embarrassed.

"Hey, it's OK. Let's get back to working out," said Jon smiling.

As they restarted their workouts, Becky found herself getting excited for her debut in AEW.

She couldn't wait for that to happen.