Chapter 19

As soon as she learned that Seth was heading to San Jose, Susie grabbed her bags, got in her rental car, & was off.

Despite being almost 8 months pregnant, a crazed Susie hit the gas pedal hard & began speeding just so she could catch up with the man who was the object of her obsession.

She knew that she couldn't let Seth go because if she did, he would find out what happened that terrible night & go running right back to Becky, & she couldn't allow that to happen.

Susie had always been insanely jealous of Becky. She couldn't see what made the Irishwoman so special to people like Seth.

Becky was everything Susie wasn't. Beautiful, likable, hard working, & fun to be around. Susie was pretty & hard working, but she was very narcissistic & annoying, which made people avoid her.

However, as she was 105 miles away from San Jose, Susie's scheme to lock Seth down was about to fall completely apart, & all it took was a highway patrol officer.

Susie saw the flashing lights & muttered, "Oh shit." She then slowly pulled over.

The Highway Patrol car pulled up behind her, & the officer made his way to her car.

"In a rush, ma'am?" He asked. She nodded.

"I am. My boyfriend forgot about me, & I'm trying to catch up to him," she said politely even though she was fuming.

"Going a little fast, aren't you?" The officer asked.

"I do apologize. I'm really just in a rush, sir. May I please get going?" She asked.

The officer shook his head no, suspecting that something was up.

"Could you please step out of the car, ma'am?" He asked, which caught Susie off guard.

However, she didn't argue with the officer & did what she was told.

After getting out, she handed him her driver's license & waited as patiently as she could.

However, once the officer's back tuned, Susie felt a sharp pain, which caused her to hiss.

"Are you all right, ma'am?" Asked the officer who had heard her.

"No, sir, I'm OK," said Susie calmly even though she was now starting to worry on the inside.

Then another pain hit her, this time a little harder. She groaned.

The officer, who was aware that she was pregnant, went up to her.

"Ma'am, are you sure that you're OK?" He asked.

Susie knew that she couldn't lie to the officer.

"No, I'm not. I think I need to go to the hospital," she said as another pain hit her.

That was when Susie realized that she was experiencing contractions & was probably about to go into labor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While the woman he hated was waiting to go to the nearest hospital, Seth, Dolph, & Bobby were pulling into a hotel in San Jose. It had been quite the ride.

The first thing Seth asked them was what they remembered from that night at The Grand in San Francisco.

Dolph & Bobby didn't remember seeing Susie at the club, but they did tell Seth that he had told them to take him back to his hotel.

"You told us that you didn't feel good, & we volunteered to take you back to your room," said Dolph.

"Which we did," said Bobby. "After we got you inside, we heard you fall down on the bed, & we left to go to our rooms."

"That's it?" Asked Seth. Bobby nodded.

Once at the hotel, Dolph, Bobby, & Seth each got themselves situated in their rooms & decided to meet up at the hotel restaurant so that they could continue their conversation.

Once in the restaurant, the guys continued talking after they had all ordered food for themselves.

"There's something else," said Dolph.

"What is it, Nick?" asked Seth referring to Dolph by his real name.

"About a week after Susie announced that she was pregnant, some guy walked up to me after a taping of Raw & started asking me questions," said Dolph.

"Who was it, Nick?" asked Bobby.

Dolph's answer shocked all of them.

"A private investigator."