17.

Happy Turkey Day, My Babies.🤍

Kai

"Kai." I heard my sisters calling as I sped into the house, feeling completely embarrassed in this moment.

Carter had just walked away like it was nothing, my sisters were completely confused and all the neighbors and people on my block had witnessed the entire thing.

An embarrassment.

"Sis, just stop for a second and listen to us." They continued to call after me as they ran into the house behind me.

"What?! Why?!" I snapped, feeling the waterworks coming as they stopped me in the living room, looking at me like I was so wrong for feeling the way I did.

"Sister, why are you being like this?"

"I thought you liked Carter? I thought you said you were going to give him a chance?"

"Why are you denying yourself happiness like this?" Ferrow went on pleading to me and I immediately broke down as they gave me sympathetic eyes.

"It's not like that-" I started but stopped, feeling myself getting choked up.

"I want to give him a chance, I really do but it's hard."

"It's so hard for me." I cried, wiping my eyes as I sat down on the couch.

"Talk to us, Kai. Just let it out." Mel pleaded to me as she sat beside me and I sniffled, holding my stomach.

"It's just-"

"Every time I like a man."

"Every time I take interest in anyone some random ass bitch or bitches in general are involved in it."

"I can never just have someone to myself and just like that person freely. There's always some kind of pain or deceit attached to it."

"And I'm just done with that."

"I'm not about to get myself hurt again."

"Y'all know I've been hurt before." I looked at them both seriously.

"Just like with Marcus." I fanned my hand into the air, saying the name of my ex and they both poked their lips out at me, instantly remembering him.

"Yeah." I scoffed in rightfulness, reminding them.

They knew I was hurt badly in the past and they'd saw how much pain I went through in just a short few months, trying to be the girlfriend of a popular basketball player for my senior year of high school.

Granted it was years ago but it still hurt and seeing this random white bitch around a guy that I'd been crushing on triggered me. Then seeing him engage in her every second he could triggered me even more.

I wasn't dealing with it.

"That nigga cheated on me with a bunch of white girls and foreign girls, as he would say." I mocked in annoyance.

"Girls that looked nothing like me yall!" I went on, snapping to them and Mel leaned in to hug me, hearing this new information.

I'd never told anyone this but I'd caught my ex boyfriend from high school texting and talking to other girls and I didn't know what I was more mad about.

This black ass man talking to those girls or the fact that those girls were completely different from the girl he was with.

A bunch of white, light skin and blonde women.