Epilogue

Carter and Kai in the MM

Carter

"Are you ready, ma?" I asked Kai as she stood in the mirror, looking over herself for the millionth time as I chuckled to myself watching her.

"Do you think it's okay?" She asked me again, obviously getting self conscious in her outfit and I gave her a serious look, gently pulling her toward me.

"You look gorgeous, baybeh." I told her seriously and she smiled up at me as she finally calmed herself down.

"Okay."

"Then I'm ready." She said as she grabbed my hand and we made our way out of her room.

"Oh wait! One more thing-"

"-my lip gloss." She instantly remembering, rushing back into her room while I chuckled, making my way down the staircase.

"Aight, ma. Hurry up." Was all I told her as I reached the bottom of the steps, walking into the living room.

When I did, I furrowed my eyebrows as I plopped down onto the couch, seeing that there were blown out candles and plates on the coffee table with small pillows placed around it.

I knew that Ferrow and K were going out and I knew Mel had plans too, considering I'd been communicating with them a lot today to make sure Kai wasn't going crazy.

So I knew it couldn't have been from them.

"Nah." I trailed off with a small smirk, hearing as Kai's heels clacked down each steps and I looked over to her once she reached the bottom.

"Ma, who did this?"

"You did this?" I asked her, pointing to the candles and the plates that were placed out on the table and a look of embarrassment washed over her face.

"Yes and don't laugh. I tried to cook something but the steak was nasty and you weren't responding to me so I didn't know what to do." She spoke reluctantly all at once as I looked up into her eyes before I stood to my feet in shock.

I knew that she was trying but this was another level. Even after me pretending all day that I wasn't doing anything for her, she still went out of her way and tried doing something for a nigga.

Just to show that she was trying and I couldn't do shit but appreciate her for it.

I immediately fell deeper in love with her.

"Come here." I told her, gently pulling her to me as I looked down into her eyes.

"Thank you for trying, ma." I spoke seriously as a small smile softly graced her face.

"You're welcome." She whispered and I knew right then and there I was going to make her the happiest woman tonight and for the rest of her life.

Or for as long as she'd allow me to.