2.

Kate in the MM

Kate in the MM.

Carter
9am

After a long night of work at Ferrow's and an half hour of sleep, I was now making my way to class. I was so exhausted that I'd thought about not even going today but I knew I had to.

I had way too much shit to do.

Getting to the school faster than I'd thought, I pulled up and sat in the parking lot for a minute. I sat there collecting my thoughts, trying to amp myself for these three long hour and a half classes.

It took a while but I finally gained the energy and cut my engine. I then got out of the car and made my way into the building.

"What's up, man?" I spoke to a few friends of mine as I casually passed them while they were making their way to classes as well.

"What's going on, bro?"

"You good?" My homie, Herb, spoke up, walking backwards and I put up a sarcastic thumbs up before he chuckled, making his way on.

Finally getting to my first class, I walked in and everyone was already seated. I could feel all eyes on me as I made my way through the aisle but the girl from the yesterday that I'd had that weird encounter with in A.A.H stood out the most to me.

I gave her a small smile while I passed by but she rolled her eyes hard at me. Deciding to not even say anything, I made my way to the only empty seat available beside another girl that I usually see here as well.

"Now that everyone's arrived and it's officially 9:15.." The professor trailed off.

"Let's get started, shall we?" He went on saying as everyone began to take their supplies out.

"So today, we will be going over all of the notes we took yesterday and adding on to them today."

"Everyone please take out a pencil, I would like this to only be written in such." He explained as we all began to scramble our bags for pencils instead of the pens we usually use.

I searched my bag a while soon realizing I didn't really carry pencils. I was a pen guy, pencils weren't really my thing.

"Damn." I stressed, hating that I was unprepared. This wasn't normal for me. I was always prepared.

I guess today though the Professor just wanted to ruffle feathers.

"Hey, ma." I whispered to the girl that I'd had the encounter with since she was the only other person of color in this class. I figured we'd have that connection to say the least.

"Ma." I called again and she slowly turned around from her seat, placed two desks up from me.

"What?" She spat, making everybody in the silent class look and I sighed deeply, dismissing it.