23.

Now that we're farther in the story.

Can y'all guess Kai's zodiac sign?

I think it's very apparent. 😭

Carter
Same morning
10am

"Hey, Carter." Mel, Ferrow and Kate all spoke coming into my house as I turned to Kai who had just walked into the living room to see who it was at the door.

"Hey, sis." Mel spoke first to her, quickly noticing her attire and I smirked to myself as they looked from her to me.

"Mm." Ferrow tooted her lips with a smile as they continued on, examining everything from my clothes on her body to the hickeys and bruises all over her neck.

"Oop." Mel tucked her lips before chuckling as Ferrow followed suit, looking up to me as Kai slowly walked over, trying to hide herself behind me.

"Aht uhn, sis."

"Don't try to hide now." Ferrow spoke in amusement as they all laughed before sitting down on my couch. And I instantly noticed her and Kate sat directly beside each other.

"We didn't mean to interrupt though, we all just wanted to come back over here because last night was pretty hectic."

"Yeah." Kate butted in, nodding her head as she looked from me to Kai, who had finally came from behind me and back into view now.

"Nah. Don't worry about it." I admitted, looking over to Kai who stood there, looking at Kate with a slight scowl.

"It's actually a good thing that y'all are here—"

"Because I wanted to explain everything."

"Especially to you, ma." I turned my attention to Kai as I grabbed her hand and guided her toward the other couch and we all sat down directly across from each other.

"I won't lie and say that I wasn't being petty when I called Kate and asked her to come out with me, after you turned down our date." I looked into her eyes seriously as she sat beside me, listening to my every word.

"But when I got her out, we went out strictly as friends."

"Nothing more." I spoke truthfully to her and she poked her lips out, looking at me with her anger-filled eyes.

I knew talking about this and having Kate in my house was doing nothing but making her angry all over again and even more jealous now after what we'd done last night but I didn't want to lie to her. I wasn't going to lie to her.

My goal with her was to keep her happy and I knew that being truthful with her was the key to it.

"No, seriously. It was completely innocent, Kai." Kate spoke up as Kai turned her attention to her and began listening to what she had to say now.

"All we did was go to a comedy show and half way into it, Carter fell asleep." She threw out there, instantly making Mel and Ferrow laugh as I smacked my lips with a smirk.

"Come on, K.." I trailed off in embarrassment as they continued on laughing and she began to do the same while I went on explaining myself.

"It wasn't like that but like I told her, I was exhausted." I explained, looking at all of them.

"I was on the phone until 7 in the morning the night before with some crazy girl so.." I licked my lips smartly, trailing off as I looked beside me at Kai, who still had a scowl on her face.

"Okay but you still went out with him even though you knew he was supposed to be on a date with me." She ended up saying as I internally sighed, watching as she got upset all over again.