9.

Kai
8am

Awaking from my slumber, I snuggled into my comforter as I laid there, looking up at the ceiling.

Yesterday's events played over and over in my mind while I drifted off into deep thought. I could almost feel those feelings again for a second time as the second hand embarrassment chilled my body.

Memories of last night then began to flood my mind and I couldn't believe Carter had really came here and waited hours for me to get off of work. Though I had no plans of forgiving him or excusing his ruthless words, I had to admit it was different.

I'd never had that done for me before.

Pushing those thoughts out of my mind, I decided it was time for me to get out of bed. I was going to see my mother today and I wanted to be there early so I could spend majority of my day with her.

She was the only one who could keep me sane with all this madness going on around me.

Sitting up, I swung my legs out of the bed to get up and instantly tripped when I did.

"Ow!" I screamed, hitting my forehead on the ground while Carter was now in a fetus position, groaning.

"Damn. I know you're mad but you don't have to kick a nigga while he's already down, ma." He went on, holding himself.

"What?"

"I didn't kick you on purpose, I didn't even know you were down there." I fussed, rubbing my throbbing forehead.

Though I should've kicked your ass on purpose. I thought to myself.

"What are you even doing down there? I thought I told you to leave me alone?"

"Look, I apologize." He went onto say once he finally got himself together.

"You aight?" He asked me as I continued to rub my forehead and he tried to reach his hand out for me but I'd ended up swatting it away.

"I'm fine." I spoke dryly as I slowly stood to my feet.

"What are you doing in my room, Carter?"

"Did you sleep here?"

"Yes, ma."

"I slept here." He nodded, looking down into my eyes.

"I slept here because I didn't feel right leaving last night. I wasn't even going to allow you to go to sleep mad but I knew it'd be easier to." He explained as he stood to his feet, now hovering over me with his tall figure.

"What does that mean?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"It means, letting you cool off and get some rest was my best bet. Yesterday was a long day for the both of us, you know?"

"So you really slept here on the floor with just a hoodie, no pillow and no cover?" I asked, looking down at the hardwood floor. I knew he had to be uncomfortable down there.

"I think it was worth it, Kai." He looked deeply into my eyes as I stood there confused.

I didn't know what this man wanted from me. All of this energy was just so sudden.

"What do you want from me, Carter?"

"You want forgiveness? You want me to cry and tell you that I accept your apology?" I went on, sarcastically.

"No." He spoke sternly, making me raise my eyebrows.

"I want you to shut your mouth and be ready tonight."