48.

Kai
2 weeks later
Noon

Where were you when I said I loved you?

And where were you when I cried at night?

Waiting up, couldn't sleep without you.

Thinking of all the times we shared.

I remember when my heart broke.

I remember when I gave up lovin' you.

My heart couldn't take no more of you.

I was sad and lonely.

I remember when I walked out.

I remember when I screamed, "I hated you".

But some how deep inside, still lovin' you.

Sad and lonely.

"No one knew, all the pain I went through." I mumbled singing as I cried softly into my pillow while I laid in bed, listening to Keyshia Cole's - I Remember. 

It had been officially two weeks since Carter and I broke up and I was going through it these days in the worst way. I hadn't left my room since, the only time I would leave is to go to work and to eat but some days I barely even did that because I couldn't.

I was sick to my stomach with no appetite, missing him dearly. I'd went from talking to him everyday, being with him everyday and sleeping with him every night for the past five months to now nothing at all.

He was gone completely.

Sniffling as I laid there cuddling up into my covers, I stared down at my phone, just hoping he would call or respond to any of the plenty of messages I'd sent but he was serious about his words.

He was truly done with me and it was like he'd disappeared from the face of the earth.

"Kai!" I heard my name being called as hard knocks came to my room's locked door.

I didn't even bother answering as I grabbed my remote, turning my music up louder. I did not want to be bothered right now.

"Oop."

"No, this hoe didn't just turn her music up on me." I heard Mel's voice speak, obviously appalled, and I couldn't help but to roll my eyes playfully with a smile.

She always knew how to make me laugh.

"What is it, Mel?" I asked nasally as I wiped my tears away, just wanting to know what it was that she wanted.

"Open the door really quick."

"It's important." She practically begged and I sighed deeply, turning my music off all together as I stood to my feet and made my way over to it.

"What do you want?" I asked with an attitude, unlocking and swinging the door open while she stood looking at my tear-stained face.

"Bitch."

"I know you are not in here listening to Keyshia Cole." She spoke in amusement and I looked at her seriously, not playing with her right now.

And she immediately caught my drift as she sighed deeply to herself.

"Alright, look." She put her hand, looking into my eyes.

"Sis, I know you're going through it right now."

"But you can't just stay in your room, listening to music and crying all day like this." She went on, trying to lecture me now like her and Ferrow both have been doing since Carter and I broke up.