51.

Kai
That morning
8am

Slowly opening my eyes, I woke up looking around me, seeing that I was still in Carter's bed. The sun shined into the room as I stretched out my body, seeing that I was still naked feeling completely numb and sore everywhere.

"Mm." I whined, complaining to myself about the pain as I slowly sat up and wondered where he was.

I was in bed alone and it was quiet so at first I thought he wasn't even here. Until I heard things shifting and pans moving and instantly knew that he was downstairs.

Wasting no time, I sluggishly went to the bathroom then got my hygiene together. Afterwards, I followed the sound of the noise as I made my way down the staircase.

I could hear that he was in the kitchen as pans continued to move and he looked up at me once he heard my footsteps enter.

"Good morning, ma." Carter spoke with no shirt on as I slowly walked into the kitchen, watching as he stood there smoking another blunt with a glass of orange juice directly beside him.

"Good morning." I spoke softly, sitting down as he continued to cook, letting the smoke from both his blunt and the food linger in the air.

"You hungry?" He asked and I nodded my head slowly as I thought about last night's antics.

Flashbacks of last night instantly began flooding my mind as thoughts of the sex, the women and the words we'd exchanged all came rushing to me. Lord knows, seeing those women on his front porch made me upset but I was doing my best to stay composed.

Following my mother's instructions, I wanted to be a better woman.

A better girlfriend.

But now I just needed to know what we were doing because we hadn't really talked, we only had sex.

"So.." I trailed off softly, folding my hands.

"What are we doing, Carter?" I asked, making him turn toward me as he turned the fire off and finished up with the food before he put everything on a plate to serve it.

"What do you mean?" He asked afterwards, taking a seat across from me as we looked into each other's eyes while we waited for the hot food to cool down.

"I'm asking you, are we together? Are we trying again?" I said to him and he just looked at me a while before he licked his with sigh.

"I don't know, Kai. I already told you that."

"Right now, what we're doing is talking."

"Are you ready to finish talking?" He went on and I looked at him with narrowed eyes as he continued on.

"Because you sucking my dick and having hours long sex isn't what's going to fix things, Kai."

"You know that." He nodded his head toward me before taking another pull of his blunt and I nodded my head slowly in understanding.

"I know that, Carter and I never said it would." I spoke up softly, looking into his low eyes.

I knew that it wouldn't fix things but I figured it would make him stop acting so coldly to me. Last night he wouldn't even give me a chance so I figured showing him that I appreciated him in that way would loosen him up.

I didn't think it would fix everything I did. I knew I was wrong but just like him, I wanted to make things better. 

"But my question is, are we going to do this relationship thing again?"