8.

Kai

"I was waiting for you, Kai." Carter went onto say as I stood there in disbelief.

"Let's talk."

"Wait. What?"

"You were waiting for me?" I pointed to myself in complete shock.

"Yes." He nodded in assurance, slowly licking his lips as he stood to his feet, towering over me.

"Why though, Carter?"

"There's nothing for us to talk about." I looked up into his eyes as his tall figure stood there, slightly intimidating me now.

"Look, we aren't friends. You and my sisters are. So you don't owe me a damn thing."

"So just go and be with your girl." I pointed to the door as I slowly turned away to make my way toward the staircase.

Before I could even get away fully, he quickly walked up on me and grabbed my arm roughly before pulling me back to him. I looked up at him like he was crazy as he looked down into my eyes with seriousness.

"She's not my girl." He spoke sternly, still holding onto me.

"Don't touch me." I spat, snatching away from him.

Putting his hands up in surrender, he backed away from me completely as I looked at him with the meanest glare I could conjure up.

"Look, Kai.."

"I'm not here to argue with you."

"I'm here because I really just wanted to apologize to you. I think you deserve that much, considering I fucked up at the photoshoot." He went onto say and I shook my head.

"No, don't say this to me now." I dismissed him, not wanting to hear it.

"Save that pity shit for somebody else, Carter."

"You've made your point already. You said a white woman was beautiful and that I was not."

"Her pictures are going to be better right?" I repeated his words, narrowing my eyes at him and he smacked his lips, turning away from me.

"Yeah, you said it. So stand it."

"Now please leave me the fuck alone and go to hell." I started to walk off but he'd opened his mouth to speak once again.

"None of what I said was true, I think you're beautiful, Kai." He retorted, making me flare my nostrils.

"Oh.."

"So now I'm beautiful?" I scoffed, smiling angrily.

"So convenient considering your white bitch is no longer here."

"Just get the fuck out of my face, Carter." I waved him off again as he still stood there, just looking at me.

"Man.."

"You're really passive now considering you were crying earlier." He spoke up, making me stop in my tracks at the middle of the staircase.

"You want to play this tough act instead of telling me what it is you want from me."

"That's the shit that I be talking about." He scoffed and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"What the fuck do you mean, Carter?!" I snapped at him and he sighed deeply, licking his lips as he leaned up onto the wall with his hoodie pulled over his head.

"You humiliated me."

"In front of a white girl, for a white girl."

"It doesn't even matter what the fuck I wanted before because I don't want it now." I spat to him, quickly realizing that my true feelings were starting to seep out.