Part-11

It had been two weeks and Yumna had not seen him after that day. She felt weird asking about him from Hoor or anyone else. He had left the job of cafe as someone else was working there but she hadn't seen him in any office either. His exams were over and his absence was causing her to think about something she didn't want to.

'But he said he isn't married.'
'Yes but that doesn't mean he won't get married. Remember how he was talking about a girl that day.'
Her heart pained at the thought but she shrugged it off.

Suddenly someone sat in front of her. She looked up and it was Hamza. She gave him a small smile while he was looking intently at her, making her nervous.

"Kesi ho?" Hamza asked her.(How are you?)
"Thek hun." Yumna rubbed her forehead. (I'm fine.)

"Tum kesy ho? Ghar walay kaisy hain" (How are you? How's your family.)
"Theek hun. Wo b waisy hi hain jaisy hoty, kia hona hai?" (I am fine. They are also the same as always. What would happen to them?)

"Tum Hamesha yahi kehty ho waisy hi hain jaisy hotay, sahi tareekay se kiu nahi kehty?" (You always say they're the same as before, why don't you clearly say they're fine.)

"Is kiun ka jawab phir Kabhi dunga."
(I will reply to this Why sometime else.)

He gazed deeply into her eyes and replied.
"Aesay kiu dekh rhy ho tb se?"
Yumna was now getting concerned by his gaze.
(Why are you looking at me like that ?)

"Dekh raha hun, doston se jhoot bolty huy insan kesa lagta hai?"
Hamza removed his eyes from her and gazed around the cafeteria.
(I'm watching, how does a person look while lying to friends?)

"Matlab?" (Meaning?)

"Matlab ke you don't seem fine. You seem sad since many days. You are lost somewhere." He shrugged his shoulders. (Meaning that...)

"Aesa kuch nahi hai." Yumna was looking at an invisible point in air. (There's nothing like that)

"Kuch hai toh, if you don't wanna share I respect that."
(There's something..)

Hamza stood up from his chair and left, picking his wallet while Yumna placed her head in her hands when she felt someone sitting in front of her, again.

"Hamza please I am fin-" Words stopped her in her mouth as her eyes fell on the person in front of her. Hadeed was wearing a black two piece with a black tie. His black hair were jelled perfectly and his eyes. Oh his eyes. They were same, captivating and dark. They had her heart moving around them. Hadeed's amusing expression changed into a smiling one as he saw her expression. She was shocked, but she looked cute in her pink dupatta and black glasses.
Yumna's heart skipped a beat.

"K-Kahan thy itne din se?" (W-where were you for so many days?)

She took a deep breath to calm her racing heart.
"Sas Susar ko manane gaya tha." Yumna's breath stuck in her throat but she managed to give a small smile.
(To agree my father & mother in law)

"M-Man gye?"
(D-did they agree?)

"Jee." (Yes)

"Mubarak." She whispered.
(Congratulations)

"Shukrya." He whispered back. (Thanks.)
"A-aj tayyar kiu huy ho?"
(Why are you dressed like this today?)

"Boss se meeting thi."
(Had a meeting with boss.)

'Has he left this job?' Yumna wondered but didn't ask.
"Ok I am going. Meri duty hai." Yumna said and before waiting for his reply, she ran away. Hadeed's eyes were on her retreating figure until she was away from his sight.
(...I have duty.)
-----------------------------------