Part-34

"Hassan, I want to discuss something. Need suggestions." Wania entered his room. He had just come from the office and was sitting on his bed.

"Jee api, bolen." She sat beside him.
(Yes api, tell.)

"Someone proposed to me. He said he'll bring the proposal if I agree."
"What do you think? You never talked about marriage before so this proposal must be good enough that you're considering it."
"Yeah, it is. I have my vote in its favour but I wanted a second opinion from someone I trust."
"Why not Ahil bhai? He's elder, and knows you better."

"No. I don't want to discuss it with Ahil."

"It's your choice to get married. I'd say if the proposal is nice, go for it. We're always there for you."
"Ok."
"Who's he?"
"I am not telling. You'll know yourself." She smiled and left.
—-----------------------------------

"Hamza, listen." Hoor called Hamza who was sitting in the cafeteria. She pulled a chair & sat in front of him. He was on the other side of the table.

"Yeah?" He took a sip of coffee.

"Have a look at this file. I am not seeing any progress and Dr. Wajid had said to me a week ago that If I don't see progress, change the medicines after a week." Hamza took a look at the file and then at her.
"Hmm so what's the problem? Dr Wajid is the senior doctor for this patient, right?"

"Yeah. The problem is he's not here today and he gets angry when he's not asked before doing it. Although he himself told me to do it a week ago, he still wants to be asked first before taking a step. Too egoistic. His ego hurts that how dare I, a female and an intern didn't ask him again & again." Hoor huffed.

She didn't like Dr Wajid but she never replied to him since he was a senior. He was a misogynist and egoistic, Hoor was sure. Even Ahil was somehow egoistic in her mind but this man was too much. If the same thing was done by male intern he'd not be as angry as he'd be if a female did it. He hated women, and she had no idea why. She wondered if a woman must have rejected him, that's why. Ahil was egoistic but he wasn't misogynistic. He was an angry man but she'd never seen hate for her or any other female intern or doctor in his eyes. He would scold everyone equally, except herself according to her. But it was still not something that was personal hatred. But Dr Wajid's case seemed like personal hatred. Even Yumna felt the same about that guy. There was a difference between scolding someone as a senior and insulting someone, and Dr Wajid had done the second thing multiple times in the past 4 months but they always stayed quiet because he was a senior & why would anyone listen to them, anyways? He was 38 year old but had joined this hospital 4 months ago.

"Then Go ask someone else." Hamza shrugged.
"Who?"
"Your husband, probably. He's here, No?"
Hoor glared at him.
"Don't call him my husband here."
"Ok. Go ask Dr. Ahil then. What's the Issue?"

Hoor sighed. How do she explain to him she doesn't like going in front of him for no reason?
Ahil was in his cabin, this was not his work hours so he wasn't checking any patients. The hospital was close to his house so he used to come to the hospital at times when he didn't have work as well. His father & Uncle had given him a responsibility and he wanted to make sure he fulfills it to the best of his ability.

Well, for now he could see Hoor and Hamza in the cafeteria on his computer screen. He called his receptionist

"Dr. Hoor in my office, right Now." He hung the call and receptionist asked the boy to give the message to Dr Hoor.

"Dr Hoor apko Dr Ahil ne bulaya hai." Hoor nodded and then looked back at Hamza. He shrugged.
(Dr Hoor Dr Ahil has called you.)

"Told you. Now ask him." Hoor glared at him & moved to his office with a file in her hands.
'Why did I call her? What will I say or ask?' He thought.
'I'll ask about any patient.' He didn't want to accept that he didn't like her sitting with Dr Hamza in the cafeteria.