Part-22

"Bhabhi, Aap Yahan kitchen me kia krrhi hain?" Madiha asked when she saw her sitting on a kitchen chair.

(Bhabhi, what are you doing here in the kitchen?) <bhabhi is brother's wife.>

"Kamre me tmhry bhai ko achi nai lag rahi thi." She turned her face from Madiha & wiped her eyes. She didn't want Madiha to know she cried because of her brother.

(I wasn't looking good to your brother in his room.)

"Kher tum batao, kia karrahi ho?" Yumna started checking random cabinets to appear busy and keep her face away from Madiha as well.

(You tell, what are you doing?)

"Bhai ka nashta banane ayi thi, Ammi ki namaz ka time hai. Maine prhli hai."

(I came to make Bhai's breakfast. It's prayer time for Ammi. I already prayed.)

"Chai me Namak daal dena apne bhai ki." Yumna said, looking at a packet of chocolates.

(Do add salt in your brother's tea.)

"Daal to dun but puchengy to boldugi bhabhi ne bola tha."

(I can add but if he asks I'll tell him bhabhi asked me to.)

"Chup bhai ki chamchi, ye batao Ye chocolates kiske hain?"

(Shutup bhai's chamchi. Tell me who's chocolates are these.)
<chamchi-someone who excessively favours someones or butters someone.>

"Bhai ke hi hain. Mjhy chocolates nai psnd" Madiha mumbled pouting. She was 16 year old & youngest of 3 siblings.

(These are of bhai. I don't like chocolates.)

"Hadd hogyi. Chocolates khaya kro. Ab agr ye tmhri hoti to me leleti, tmhry bhai ki nahi chahye mjhy. Pata chale kal mujh pe chori ka ilzam laga de." Her lips wobbled at the end, remembering his tone but she took a deep breath.

(That's enough. Eat chocolates. If these were yours, I would have taken them. But I don't want your brother's. Who knows he accuses me of stealing tomorrow?)

"Uske Bhai ka dil toh chori kr hi chuki hain, chocolates ka kia hai wo bhi krlen."

(You've already stolen her brother's heart, you may as well steal his chocolates too.)

Hadeed entered the kitchen at the same time & he had heard her last comment. His reply froze Yumna and she left the box of chocolates.

"Waise Madiha apni bhabhi ko bolo, chocolates are not good for health. Insaan bimar par jata hai." Hadeed opened the fridge to drink water & said the same words he was told in the morning. He looked at her back since she was facing a cabinet in the kitchen & not facing any of them.

(Well Madiha tell your bhabhi that chocolates are not good for health, a person can become ill.)

"Apne bhai ko bolo this is dark chocolate & the antioxidants in dark chocolate have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of clotting and increase blood circulation to the heart, thus lowering the risks of stroke, coronary heart disease and death from heart disease." Yumna explained while fumbling with the knob of cabinet.
(Tell your brother....)

"Dr sahiba aap chocolate hi khaa len , Kam az kam dimagh to na khayen hum Bewaqoofon ka." Yumna squeezed her eyes shut & took a deep breath.

(Dr. Please eat the chocolates, At least don't eat the brains of us stupids.)

"Bhai ap hongy bewqoof. Main to ni hu."
(Bhai you must be stupid. I am not.)