25

25

"Huwag na huwag mo akong tutuksuhin," banta ko kaagad kay Kuya pagdating ko sa bahay namin.

The lights were all lit up. The maids were all busy cooking and cleaning. Everyone was anticipating this very moment.

Syempre, ipapakilala ko na ang boyfriend ko over dinner. Of course, it's a very exciting event. This is what they want. This is the event of the year.

Alam ko naman na sobrang unfair na ipinakilala na ako ni CJ sa pamilya niya. I should atleast make it official with my family, too, kahit nakailang kita na rin sila. After all, it will still come to this point.

I have no choice.

"Wala pa nga akong sinasabi, eh."

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Kilala ko ang tingin na 'yan. Do you think you can fool me?"

"You are just being defensive, Ysah. Bakit? Nahihiya ka ba?"

"You fucking piece of shit."

Sasakalin ko na sana siya nang maabutan kami ni Mom at Dad. Tumawa lamang si Kuya nang inirapan ko siya upang halikan ang mga pisngi ng mga magulang ko.

"Kanina ka pa ba?" Mom asked me.

"I just arrived."

"How about Attorney Perez? Anong oras daw siya dadating? The food is not yet ready."

"Mamayang 7 PM pa."

"I should go to the kitchen to monitor it."

Oh my gosh, they are exaggerating. I rolled my eyes when Mom left to the kitchen. Dad also excused himself to take a call.

"Nasaan si Ate Irina?" I asked.

"Nasa guest room, nanonood ng movie."

I left my brother and went to the guest room. I am nervous but I don't want them to see it. Kaso, gusto ko talaga ng advice. Eh, sa pamilyang ito, si Ate Irina lang naman ang makakausap mo nang matino.

I really hope she's in her best mood today.

I knocked on the door. "Ate?"

"Sino 'yan?"

Sobrang mahinahon ng kanyang boses. She sounds like a literal angel. Even her voice.

"It's Euresah."

"Oh, come in!"

Binuksan ko ang pinto. She was sitting on the bed, eating chocolates. Her baby bump was getting bigger. Pumasok na ako at isinara ang pinto upang lapitan siya.

Ate Irina was watching Powerpuff Girls. Gosh, can I bring her home na lang? She's really cute and beautiful.

"Ayos na ba sa labas?" she asked.

"Hindi pa. Actually, nandito ako para makipag-usap."

She looked at me in wonder. Then she smiled. Umurog siya sa kama at tinapik iyong space na nasa tabi niya. I sighed and sat there, too.

Para kaming mga bata. We were watching Powerpuff Girls. She was eating chocolates. And I'm having boy problems.

"Kinakabahan ako," panimula ko. "Is this a good idea? How about you? What did you do when you presented Kuya to your family?"

She tilted his head and looked at me.

"Ysah, we're different. You shouldn't ask what it's like. Instead, you should experience it firsthand. Of course, this is new to you because all your life you've been closing your doors to everyone."