10

The instant that bomb was dropped, hysterical screams escaped the throats of the staff members. The hall was in an uproar as they spoke to one another frantically, trying to release the emotions that bubbled in their bodies. Eden gaped at the manager, her jaw dropping wide open at his words.

The sky dragon princes. They were royalty, the monarchs, and the sovereign leaders of the world. The head of all three Realms. And those twins were going to be here. The twins. Holy fucking shit. This was big. Bigger than any Altair and Vega event ever held in its 5000-year history.

The twins could have practically any woman in all the three Realms. The fact that they were even open to the idea of a soulmate was surprising. Besides, the sky dragons usually found their soulmates in the people of the high court. It was unheard of that they could not find their soulmate within their elite spheres, but that was clearly the case for the twins.

This meant that the twins were now up for grabs for all the unmated citizens of the Heavens. This meant that even the minor deities stood a chance with the future leaders of the world. This meant that anyone, literally anyone from the Heavens could be the future Empress. Eden's mouth went dry.

It also meant that the number of single deity customers they would have this year would be enormous. Business this year would spike drastically as goddesses flocked to Ukiyo for a chance to be the next Empress. This would lead to an increase in gods looking for partners and thus even more spiritual customers as well...

"This will be the biggest Altair and Vega event, we will ever hold in our entire lives." The manager sighed, rubbing the sweat from his brow with his claws. "We will be working at maximum capacity, rest assured that all your hardships for the seven days will be very generously rewarded. But expect a lack of sleep! "

Well, shit. Eden swallowed thickly. She was definitely going to be scrubbing at toilet bowls, and cleaning rooms nonstop. There was no way they would take any chances. Eden had been hoping, praying even, to at least be a masseur or a bathing attendant for the spirits during Altair and Vega.

Her expression pinched at the memory of her harsh training with the octopus spirit teacher as she kneaded at sore spots and learnt the art of pressure points of all species. It seemed like she wouldn't be using those skills anytime soon. In Ukiyo, it was common for staff to upgrade themselves, learning lessons from skilled, veteran workers.

Eden had taken many exams in the course of her three years at Ukiyo. She thought she did pretty well in her most recent ones for masseur and bathing attendant. The higher-ranked females staff that she had attended to had seemed pretty satisfied with her work. And the customers she had worked on during her internship, mostly mythical animals but some undead zombies, had been pleased.

Considering the current situation, it was unlikely they would allow a newbie like her to work on any of the esteemed guests. At most, she might get posted as a lower-tiered attendant for spirits, scrubbing at feathers and scales.

But did she really want to be good enough to work on minor deities? Work at the upper levels and potentially see the major gods? She winced thinking of the twins. Maybe it was better if she laid low and kept to herself. She didn't want to meet them again and risk being prosecuted. She nodded to herself. Yes, it was better if she avoided the gods altogether.

"We will now give out your positions," the manager announced loudly, flourishing his claws. Eden waved her hands upwards, revealing the screen and bit her lips. She couldn't watch! She squeezed her eyes shut at the loading screen, praying desperately for a good station. She gingerly cracked open an eye as she peeked nervously at her position.