12

She was shoved through the door, and Eden stumbled, almost falling flat on her ass. Her eyes widened into round orbs as she peered at her surroundings. She was in an area that looked as if it were carved from an iceberg. The walls were steep flat shards of ice that radiated a deep inner blue glow and she spotted intricate marble pillars encased within the beds of ice.

Eden strode forward nervously, letting the magic carry her to her customers. She burst forth to the sight of a pantheon like structure made of gold and silver. Wow! Her eyes widened as she took in the scene. It was beautiful. She hastily slapped herself then. Wake up Eden! This was definitely no time for sightseeing!

She slid past the tall towering pillars of gold, and up the stairs towards the dance of wavering firelight. There were voices coming from the source of light and she stepped forward, her heart jack hammering within her chest. She calmed herself down, placing a steady hand on her chest. You can do this Eden!

She stepped into the warm golden light, bowing deeply to the customers. "Good evening," she said, her voice a little shaky from her nerves. "I heard that you called for me—" She peeked upwards to look at her guests, only to freeze mid-word. Her eyes widened at the scene. NO. She looked away, squeezing her eyes shut then she looked up again. Oh, God. She should have known that life couldn't be that easy. Goddamn it.

"I told you that you weren't getting out of this easily," her fire god grinned naughtily. His voice dipped into a low sensual purr that maximised the raspy timbre.

He licked his lips, letting his forked tongue swipe over the soft flesh. Divided at the centre, his tongue had twin peaks that reminded her of a snake's. Were they snake gods? Her brows furrowed a little as she nibbled on her lips. Perhaps. The god smirked, revealing sharp teeth and her traitorous heart skipped a beat. She had forgotten how beautiful he was. And right now, swathed in the soft glow of the fireplace, his beauty was almost otherworldly. His skin was the colour of the dying embers in the fireplace; his hair, the sun at dawn.

"Kaizel, don't scare her," her ice god chided, waving his hand over the hologram before him. It vanished, melting into nothing, but for a brief moment, Eden caught sight of words over virtual parchment. An ebook. He slipped his legs down from the languid spread, to stand beside his brother and her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him. Her ice god was very different from his brother. If Kaizel was the rising sun, then the ice god was as delicate and as beautiful as the falling snow at dawn.

"Yeah, yeah. Fuck off Keegan," Kaizel growled, waving his hand.

She should have known that her promotion was too good to be true. The gods did something, said something to the Grandmother. But what did they want in exchange? She swallowed thickly, looking down at her feet as she bowed, her hips protesting as she went as low as she could possibly go. She would kneel at their feet if she had to, she would do anything to get them to forgive her. Anything.

"I'm sorry dear customers. I sincerely apologise for my actions." She bit her lips, guilt filling her frame at the memory of what she had done. It must have hurt. She winced, glancing at the fire god. Some guys described a knee to their balls as the worst pain they had ever experienced in their lives and she distinctly remembered Kaizel collapsing from the pain. Aw fuck. There was no way, no fucking way, she would get out of this easily. She opened her mouth as desperate words tumbled from her lips. "I panicked, I assumed you were going to rape me. I apologise—"

"Who said anything about fucking rape?" Kaizel snarled, slamming his fist on the arm of the couch.

"Kaizel," Keegan warned, he turned to look at her with a kind smile on his lips. He seemed much nicer and friendlier than his brother. And he was prettier too, with longer lusher lashes that dusted over his milky cheeks; his lips, a gentle pink that was unlike the vibrant red of his brother. "Eden, there are many things we do but we will never take an unwilling girl. It's against the moral code of our clan."