14

"You're purple and green because they pranked you?" Seri asked, furrowing her brows as she spoke. The wood nymph was sipping on floating water spheres. Occasionally, she would squeeze a blob over her head, watering the flowers and plant life in her hair. It must be working because the flowers had perked up and were turning just a little greener from the hydration.

"I don't care about the colouring." Eden glanced down at her skin. The bright colour, the same shade of purple as the dinosaur from her favourite cartoon as a child, had faded into softer hues, so did the green of her hair. It took multiple spells to get rid of the initial vomit-inducing colours. But the colour of her skin was now a soft shade of lavender, and her hair had returned to its original dark brown, so dark that it could be black. But it would take another day before the colour of her skin completely disappeared.

Eden didn't mind the colours. Mostly because her five-star colleagues were all matured enough not to tease her about it. Plus, she had been using a glamour spell over her skin, which hid most of the effects. However, the spell did not work on gods and they could see right past the illusion—a fact that the twins had reminded her on repeat. The two seemed to adore the shitty colours on her, giving her wide grins that lit up their stupidly handsome faces.

But that wasn't the main problem.

"But their other pranks!" Eden moaned, propping her head on her hands. "They've been doing it for the past 3 days!" She stabbed her fork into her fries, eyeing it carefully before she bit into the crunchy, fried potato.

Usually, Eden loved her fries. She would heap tons of them on her plate and drizzle all kinds of condiments over the crispy potatoes. Now that she was a five-star staff member, she could afford for the more expensive options in the buffet spread like the roe dressing or the truffle oil fries. The Eden from 3 days ago would have been jumping with joy at the prospect of being able to purchase all that delicious food. But now?

She was afraid of what it might taste like to her and had only taken one or two. She chewed once, letting the salty, delicious taste of well-flavoured potatoes spread across her tongue. Her eyes lit up as a smile stretched across her face. Maybe, maybe that spell was finally gone—

Then the sharp, coiling sweet scent of mint flooded her mouth and she gagged. Toothpaste. It continued to spill from the fry in thick dollops of cream, burning her nose and causing her eyes to go teary from the impact. She spat out the offending thing into a paper napkin, horrified at the sight of the fry which continued to gush white liquid from its bottomless depths. Not again...

"This was tagged with the toothpaste spell too!" Eden sighed, pounding her fist onto the table. She groaned, slumping over to sob into her arms. Even her fries? Seriously?

The twin's latest prank had been a toothpaste spell on random food items that entered her mouth. Eden had asked for help from her colleagues, had tried everything to make it go away. But nothing seemed to work! Not even spells! Lucille had explained that the twins were simply too powerful, and it would be better for her if she tried to ignore it until the end of Altair and Vega.

Eden tried the salad, chomping down onto her greens with a loud sigh. The only food item unaffected by the spell were the vegetables. She let out another soft exasperated exhale, staring longingly at the stack of bacon at the buffet.

"They seem to be extremely concerned for your health," Seri said. "You're starting to eat your vegetables."

"I doubt it. They probably just assumed that I like meat more than vegetables." Eden stabbed her fork into the lettuce and let out another deep sigh. "They're not wrong about that."

She reached into her pockets, searching for her water bottle. The five-star staff uniform had huge compartments with weightless spells which made carrying things extremely convenient. It was another perk of being part of the upper-tiered workers. Eden would have appreciated it a lot more if not for their prank.