Chapter 7

It was getting late. Leo tried using his phone to call his friend but there was no reception. He rested his head on the table, and his hand felt something under the table so he drew it out. It was a picnic basket filled with some food. He stood up , spread the picnic cloth on the ground and arranged the sandwiches, fruit salad, apple pie , etc. On the picnic cloth . Alita was just staring at him, wondering how he got the food. She knew he didn't go anywhere to get the picnic basket or anything.

"Alita, come sit with me and eat."

"Where did you get it from?" Alita asked.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked

"I am. But where....."

"No but's, come sit down and eat." He ordered.

  Alita got up from her chair and sat with him. They both are silently together. 'What's wrong with me', Alita thought to herself. She had been looking for ways to avoid him but here she is talking to him as if nothing ever happened. Leo was still wondering, Alita had changed a lot, the Alita he knew would never eat with him because of what happened in the past. Maybe she had forgiven him. He thought.

As time passed,the day started losing it's light.Leo and Alita were both sitting in awkward silence,it was getting cold,it seems like it gonna rain'.Leo thought. He took out his phone and texted his friend Sammy. He told him to come to Delin cassia's garden the next day,because it was already late.Alita was coiled up in a ball shivering. She was so cold. If she had known, she would have brought a jacket along with her. "Oh, silly me." She thought. What are weather forecast for ? If  I don't know when to take a jacket or an umbrella with me. She asked herself. "Oh well maybe it wasn't meant for people like me." She thought; I should definitely suffer the consequences.Her thought was cut short by the drop of water that dropped on her nose.Thinking it was Leo, she was already prepared to slap him across his face.But then she realized it was the rain drops.They both stood up with the intention of hiding in the hall at the middle of the garden,but bumped their head."ouch"they both said in unison.They ran to the hall as the rain was falling heavily. They reached the hall and opened the door . It was an empty hall with beautiful designs on the wall and on the marble floor. They sat down on the floor. Alita head was still hurting. He had a big head and it's as hard as rock.

  •••••••••••
It was really cold that night, Alita was shivering.  Leo had lend her his jacket, but she refused to accept it. She was just being stubborn. After some minutes of arguing, Alita accepted the jacket Leo offered her. They both spent the night in the garden.

  The next morning Sammy came, and he informed the gate man that his friend was locked inside. The gate man opened the gate and apologize to Leo and Alita.

"Thanks Sammy." Leo said.

"No problem, friends always help each other in the time of need.Ok gotta run need to checkup on something.Bye"Sammy said.

"Bye"Leo turned and faced Alita..

"We should get going ".

"We or you ".

"We,of course,you caught a cold and i need to take you to the doctor ".

"No need to worry about me. I will hail a taxi to my dorm. So I can get some rest."

"Well, my car is at the parking lot, you can come with me."

"No thanks." Alita said as she hailed a taxi. Leo watched her as she entered the taxi. Does she have to refuse my offers every time. He asked himself as he entered his car and drove to his dorm.

   ••••••••••••
It has been days and Alita was not able to go to class because she was sick. She have been regretting why she refused Leo's offer to see the doctor. Her mom has been restless since she told her, that she was sick. And her mom told her to come home for proper care. But she being her stubborn self won't listen. As she was lost in her thoughts. She heard a knock on the door. "Who might that be." She thought. She wasn't used to people visiting her except her mom and sister who came once in a while to check on her. She walked to the door and opened it just to find Leo standing outside.