Chapter 11

After hours of searching Facebook, we finally found the missing Stephanie. That was a good news because Sammy didn't allow me to move until we find her. The bad news is that, Sammy didn't send her a friend request, just because he don't want to get beaten up by her brother. Every 5minutes ,he explained to me how he really wish to send her a friend request but was afraid. Most especially because he don't want to get beaten up. In fact, he wished to dismissed any feeling he had for her just because of her brother.

*********
Few weeks to their final exams to leave college, Leo and Sammy went out for shopping. At the mall Sammy saw Stephanie selecting some stuffs and putting it inside her cart. He was mesmerized because she looked more beautiful than when he last saw her. She was wearing a strapless top with a jacket on top of a blue short. She also wore shoes to match. She looked natural without makeup. Her hair was righted up in a messy bun. He kept on admiring her beauty until Leo tapped him and brought him back to reality.

"What happened Sammy?, I thought you were about to choose your favourite beverage. So why stand there staring at nothing." Leo said.

"Excuse me Leo,I'll be right back."Sammy said and walked away.

" Hi Stephanie. "Sammy said as he got to where Stephanie was standing."

"Hey....sandy....sorry I don't remember your name. But you're the guy who helped me that night. Right?"

"She can't even remember my name." Sammy thought to himself.

"Yeah,I'm the one, it's Sammy not sandy. It's so nice to see you again."

"Same here." Stephanie said smiling.

"Wow,she got a nice smile." Sammy muttered.

"Did you just say something?" Stephanie asked.

"Oh my God, did I just say that out loud." Sammy asked himself.

"No,I didn't say anything." Sammy replied quickly.

"Oh,okay." Stephanie said.

"Hey would you like to hang out sometime."

"Yeah,I would like to." Stephanie said.

"So,....can...I...get your number?" Sammy asked feeling shy.

"Yeah sure." Stephanie said. And they both exchange numbers.

    Stephanie and Sammy were both lost in the conversation, when suddenly they heard a voice. A voice Sammy knew too well. A voice he never wanted to ever hear. They both turned in the direction of the voice to see Adrian. He was fuming in anger.

"Hey boy, maybe I haven't told you yet. But I don't want to ever see you around her. Any time you see her, behave as if you don't know her or else you gonna face the consequences." Adrian said.

"I'm sorry." Sammy said.

"Don't mind my brother, he is a little protective of me. please don't take his words to heart." Stephanie said with a pleading look on her face.

"If you're done with shopping, let me know, I'll be waiting at the car. And also remember, I don't want to see you with any guy,especially this guy. Except you want him to get a broken nose again." Adrian said and walked away.

"Um....I should go now." Sammy said as he turned to leave.

"Wait, I'm really sorry ." Stephanie said as she held Sammy's arm.

"It's okay,you don't have to worry." Sammy said.

"Are you angry?" Stephanie asked.

"No,I'm not,who said I was."

"Well, you don't have to lie. I already know you are angry. So to make it up to you. We should go out next Saturday. I will send you the location." Stephanie said in one breath.

"I can't do that. You should listen to your brother. I don't want to get my nose broken." He said as he touched his nose.

Stephanie laughed "you're such a scared cat,you don't have to worry about him." She said as she continued laughed.

Sammy said "OK."

"It's a date then" Stephanie said.

"Whatever you call it." Sammy said with a tint of blush on his cheeks.
Stephanie smiled as he was blushing like a girl.

"I should get going before my brother start looking for me." She said.

"Bye, see you soon," Sammy said with his cheeks red as a tomato.

"Bye."

He watched as Stephanie walked to the cashier to pay for the things she collected. His heart was beating fast. She just asked him out on a date, something he wouldn't be able to ask her for years. Well she being easy going would be a good thing she would be able to do the things he couldn't  in their relationship. If ever they had one. He walked back, to look for Leo.

  *********
    The date night as Sammy called it had finally arrived. Sammy was searching through his wardrobe for something nice to wear. But it seems that all the cloths in his wardrobe weren't suitable for him to Wear

"Leo, can you please come over to help me." Sammy called to Leo.

"What, do you want again Sammy, we already agreed on what you will be wearing," Leo said.

"Yes,that's right but I don't think the cloths are suitable.

" OK, I will help. "Leo said as he got up from the bed to help Sammy.
After minutes of searching, Sammy agreed to wear the black matching suit. After that, he left the dorm and drove to the location Stephanie sent.

*********
Sammy got to the location and saw that there was no sign of Stephanie," where could she be."He wondered. His phone beeped signalling him that there was a text message for him, when he checked, it was from Stephanie.

Stephanie: Hey I'm on my way.

Sammy: OK,I'm waiting.

   He sat on a chair with a table for two and waited patiently. After about to minutes of waiting, Stephanie finally arrived. He stood immediately he saw her. Stephanie on the other walked majestically towards Sammy. As she got close, Sammy drew out a chair for her to sit.

"Thanks." Stephanie said and sat down.

They watched themselves silently as if reading each other thought. Sammy broke the silent by calling a waiter. The waiter walked towards the table and asked them for their order. The both placed their order and the waiter left to get it.

    While they were eating,a conversation  ensued between them.

"I would have preferred a Chinese restaurant." Sammy said.
Bringing up a topic of discussion.

"Same here." Stephanie replied.

They both spent the night taking and getting to know each other. Sammy enjoyed the night with Stephanie. It was one of the best days of his life.