Chapter 31

"Sammy call the doctor." George shouted.

"She's just acting." Sammy said

"Call the doctor Sammy."His Dad shouted

  Sammy hesitated for some minutes before he called the doctor. Within few minutes, the family doctor arrived.

    He checked Sammy's Mom and later gave report to the family that she was suffering of High Blood Pressure.

"Doctor Ray will she be Okay?" George asked in worry

"Yes, Mrs. Parkinston will be fine. She just has to rest. And also she doesn't need stress. I'll prescribe some drugs for her to take." Doctor Ray said.

"Okay." Mr. Parkinston said "Please, George see him off."

   Sammy couldn't believe his mother blood pressure rise up just because she thought he was gay. He knew she was always dramatic. But never thought it had come to this level. It was all his fault his mom was in that condition.

    ****~****~****~****

     Stephanie, Riley and Jeremiah were down stairs in the sitting room. They were all worried. But it seemed Riley wouldn't drop the case of Stephanie being Sammy's girlfriend.

"Why are you not Sammy's girlfriend?" Riley asked.

"Riley not again. You should be asking your uncle that."

"OK, But you should know my Uncle is shy and might not be able to say how he feels."

"Oh, my goodness. Is this an eight years old talking." Stephanie asked herself.

"Yeah, I know that." She said

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Riley asked

"Riley, you know what, let's just talk about something else."

"Today is my birthday and I can't even talk about my Uncle's problem." Riley said and pouted like a baby.

"That reminds me. I bought a gift for you." Stephanie said as she opened her bag that was beside her. "Here, have it, it's for you." She said and gave the wrapped box to Riley.

   Riley unwrapped the box carefully.
"Oh my God. It's the pointé shoe, like I always wanted."

Riley said. "Thank you so much." She said and hugged Stephanie.

"Do you like them." Stephanie asked.

"Yes, I do. How do you know I wanted them."

"Well, I was a Ballet dancer." Stephanie said. "Didn't really know what to give you when Sammy said it was your birthday. So I just decided to get these shoes." She said.

"You're now my new best friend." Riley said "Now back to my Uncle problems."

"What problems?" Stephanie asked   "Does your Uncle have a lot of problems?"

"No, not problems but a problem. My uncle has a problem."

"What problem."

"Don't tell anyone okay."

"Okay."

"Come closer." Riley said. Stephanie come closer to Riley and Riley whispered in her ear.

"He can't talk to girls."

  Stephanie looked at Riley "How does an eight year old know all this things."

"How old are you again? Stephanie asked.

"Eight." Riley replied.

They both turned at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. The Doctor and Riley Dad walked towards the door and chat for a while before he left. Riley Dad walked towards them.

"Dad how's Grandma?" Riley asked.

"She will be fine. She just need some rest." George said.

"Okay."

"Hope she recovers soon." Stephanie said.

" Me too." George said.

Few minutes later. Sammy and Claudia walked down the stairs.

"Stephanie you should get going. It's  already past nine." Claudia said.

"I will get going now." Stephanie said as she looked at the time. " Bye everyone." She said.

" Wait, I will drop you off." Sammy said and walked towards Stephanie who was standing at the door.

" Bye uncle Sammy, Bye Aunty Stephanie." Riley shouted.

" Sammy turned to Riley and gave her warning look.

They reached Sammy car in the parking lot, Sammy opened the door for Stephanie.

" Thanks." She said as she entered the car.

Sammy walked around the car and entered the driver seat. He started the engine and entered the road.

"Stephanie I'm really sorry for the trouble."

"It's okay." Your niece was fun to be with."

"Yeah, I bet you got tired of her talks.

Stephanie just giggled. Sammy looked at her and kept his eyes back on the road.

Sammy parked in front of Stephanie house. He came out and opened the door for her." Stephanie waved goodbye at Sammy and walked towards the gate. Sammy walked behind her towards the gate. Stephanie turned and looked at Sammy.

" Why are you following me."

" To apologize to your parents for keeping you late."

" It's okay. You don't have to apologize to them." Stephanie said.

" Yes, I do have to apologize." Sammy said.

"If you say so." She said and walked inside leaving Sammy trailing behind her.

As Stephanie got to the door step, before she could open the door, Her parents opened it. She was startled. Her parents looked at her and then looked at Sammy.

"Sammy was nervous immediately seeing Stephanie's parents standing at the door with angry look.

"Hello Sir, Hello ma'm." Sammy said. He didn't receive any reply from them. They just kept staring at him. There was an awkward silence between the four of them. Stephanie cleared her throat.

" Mom, Dad meet Sammy my....."

"Ok, I see. He's the one keeping you this late." Her Dad said.

" You look familiar, have we meet before." Stephanie Mom asked Sammy.

"Mom, He was the guy who took me to the hospital that day."

"Oh, I see." Her mom said as she nodded her head.

" Please do come in." Her Dad said as he moved from the doorway.

Sammy walked inside as he admired the house. It was beautiful.

"Have a sit. I'll go make coffee for us." Stephanie Mom said.

"No need to go through the trouble ma'm. I'll leaving soon." Sammy said.

"Oh, Okay." She said.

"Sir, I'm sorry for keeping Stephanie this late. She was helping me with my niece's birthday party." He said.

"It's okay son." Stephanie Dad said." I used to keep my wife late then and later apologize to her parents. He said and began to laugh. His wife also joined him.

"Mom, Dad. Stop getting any ideas. Sammy is just a friend." Stephanie said as she walked upstairs to her bedroom.

"I think I should get going." Sammy said.

"Ok, bye. Try to stop by sometime." Stephanie Mom said.

"Ok, Ma'am. I'll will." Sammy said as he walked out of the door.