Chapter 29

"Jeremiah, please go watch TV." Sammy said immediately Jeremiah asked him if Stephanie was his girlfriend.

"Ok, then." Jeremiah said and turned to go watch TV.

"He's so cute." Stephanie said

"Cute but sometimes annoying." Sammy said as he walked inside the kitchen leaving Stephanie trailing behind him.

As Stephanie walked inside the kitchen, she was surprised that the whole kitchen was in a mess.
Stephanie raised a brow at Sammy. "Are you sure, today is your Niece Birthday."

"Yeah."
"And everywhere is in a mess."

"My brother couldn't bake a cake."
"Oh I see." Stephanie said as she nodded her head.

"Let's get to work." Sammy said

"So what are we doing first?"

"Prepare all the dishes and snacks before anything else."

"Okay, what are we preparing?"

"Here's the List." Sammy gave the list to Stephanie.
She looked at the list a huge cake, Hamburgers, Barbecue, meat pie, cupcakes, e.t.c.

"That's a lot." Stephanie said after reading the list

"Let's get started then."

Sammy gave Stephanie the apron and she put it on. She began to mix the butter and sugar while Sammy made arrangement in preparing other things. Sammy and Stephanie were both concentrating or their baking and cooking when Claudia walked into the Kitchen.

"Hello Sammy."

"Hello Claudia, why did you come down. You're supposed to be resting." Sammy said as he cleaned his hand with a napkin and walked towards his sister-in-law and help her sit on the stool near the kitchen table.

Stephanie looked at Sammy who was helping the pregnant woman. " He's going to make a good husband." She thought. She imagined how it will feel like to be Sammy's Wife. He would really take good care of her. "Oh Stephanie what are you thinking. He definitely doesn't have feelings for you." Her mind told her.

The Oven timer beeped and Stephanie quickly opened the oven and brought out the cake without wearing the oven mitt. Stephanie whined in pain. Sammy rushed towards Stephanie with the speed of lightening.

"Why did you do that?" Sammy asked with worry in his eyes. He looked at her burned hand and quickly rushed to bring the First Aid Kit.

"Let me see." Stephanie gave Sammy her hand. As he tried to apply the ointment. She hissed in pain. Sammy blew gentle breeze on her hand and applied the ointment.

Stephanie Just stood there looking at Sammy as he applied the ointment. Just by looking at him, She didn't feel any pain.

After Sammy finished applying the ointment, he looked back at Stephanie who was in her own world. She kept on staring at him. Sammy wondered what was wrong with her.

" Stephanie." He called her name.

He raised his hand and pushed the strand of hair covering her face behind her ears.

"Stephanie are you okay?" Sammy asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." She said as she looked at Sammy's hand on her face. Sammy quickly withdraw his hand back.

Claudia cleared her throat and they both turned and looked at her.

"Sammy can I get a glass of water? Please!" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah, I'll get it for you." He said and came back with a Glass of Water.

"So, it's true." Claudia said.

"What's true?" Sammy asked

"That she's your girlfriend."

At the mention of girlfriend, Stephanie who was drinking water, immediately spit it out.

"Claudia she is not my girlfriend, she is just my friend and nothing more." Sammy said.

"Yeah, that's true." Stephanie said supporting Sammy with a fake smile plastered on her face. Deep down, she felt hurt. She was only a friend to him.

"Okay, if you say so." Claudia said. " I'm really sorry for putting you guys through this trouble. The catering team were supposed to be doing this. But they had an accident. And blew everything up at the last minute."

"It's okay." Sammy said.

Sammy didn't allow Stephanie do anything after she hurt her hand. He only allowed her to watch him do everything. They both engaged in conversation and Claudia watched the two friends who denied to be dating.

By 12:00pm, Sammy was done with everything. He realized he didn't need help but company. With Stephanie's company, he was able to get everything done.

When George came, he was surprised to see that Sammy really invited a girl to help him, according to what his wife told him on the phone. When he saw the girl, the first thing that came to his mind. "Sammy has a girlfriend!"

"Thank goodness you're back. At least we can finish the decorations before 1:00pm." Sammy said

George didn't even looked at Sammy, but at the girl standing behind him.

Sammy quickly introduce Stephanie to his elder brother George."

"Nice to meet you Sir." Stephanie said

"Nice to meet you too." George said " Please, Sammy help bring the decorating stuff from the car. Thank you."

"I didn't even agree yet." Sammy said.

"I know you will." George said and went upstairs to meet his wife.

Stephanie giggled " Let me do that for you.

"No, your hand is hurt." Sammy said and walked outside to being the things .

****~****~****~****

" I have to go home and change now." Stephanie said.

"There's no need for that." Sammy said

"But i have to go change, if you want me to be present at the birthday party."

"Well, Claudia can lend you her clothes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, i am."

"Okay. "

Sammy walked over to where George and Claudia were sitting.

" Claudia can I talk to you for a minute."

"Yeah Sure." She said as she got up. "I'll be right back." She said to George and followed Sammy.

"If you don't mind, i was thinking maybe you could lend Stephanie some clothes to wear for the party instead of she going home.

"I can do anything for my future Sister-in-law."

"Claudia, she's not......."

"Whatever. Bring her upstairs." She said cutting him off. Sammy nodded as his Sister-in-law walked away.