Chapter 19

Sammy walked into the venue Leo sent him. As he entered, he was immediately welcomed with the sound of music. Couples were on the dance floor moving to the rhythm of the music. He was surprised to see Leo dancing with Alita the girl he said he had a crush on since high school. He walked towards the bar and had a drink as he watched the couples dance. He looked around the place and was impressed by the decorations. His eyes kept roaming around until he sighted a familiar figure talking to someone. He immediately recognized who she was. It was Stephanie talking to her brother. "Why does he has to always be around her? Can't he just leave her alone? He's like a pest." Sammy muttered under his breath. He watched them from a far. Stephanie mother and a advanced man came towards Adrian and Stephanie. They all talked for sometime before they went to their seats. "The advanced man must be her dad." Sammy thought. As he continued drinking, a girl came to him.

"Hey handsome." She said. Sammy looked at her and replied "Hey."

"Ummm...... my name is Jenny. What's yours?" Jenny asked trying to start up a conversation.

"I'm Sammy."

"Are you single?" Jenny asked blushing.

"No. I'm married with two kids." Sammy replied.

"And yet still so handsome. How about we hangout sometime." Jenny said as she moved closer to Sammy and gave him a squeeze on his shoulder.

"Hey miss, I'm not interested. I told you I'm married with kids."

"It doesn't matter." Jenny said biting her lips.

"Please excuse me." Sammy said as he got up and walked away from Jenny.

"Sammy walked through the back door and found out that there was a garden at the back of the building. As he sat on one of the chairs, the door opened. He turned around to see Stephanie standing there.

"Hey." Stephanie said.

"Hello Stephanie." He said and they both look at each other without saying anything. After some minutes, Stephanie broke the silence and walked towards him.

"It's been a long time." Stephanie said

"Yeah, same here."

"So what've you been up to lately?" Stephanie asked as she sat on the chair beside him.

"Nothing much." Sammy said and continued. "Were you on a vacation?" Sammy asked.

"Yeah, I was with my family."

"So, that's the reason why I haven't seen you around. Right?"

"Yeah right." Stephanie said smiling.

"I also thought maybe your brother locked you up for protection." Sammy said holding back his laughter.

"You should really get to know my brother. He's not that bad."

"Yeah, he's not that bad. But very grumpy. That's why he looks old." Sammy said and they both burst out laughing.

"You're so funny." Stephanie said laughing. "But don't talk about my brother like that." She said with a serious face.

"Okay ma'am your wish is my command." Sammy said and they both burst out laughing.

"So what's with you and the girl at the bar?"

"Nothing." He said with an expressionless face.

"Is she your girlfriend?" She asked hoping she's not his girlfriend.

"No, she is not. She just asked me if I'm single."

"And what did you tell her." Stephanie asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I told her I'm married because she will start pestering me if I told her I'm single." Sammy replied

"Now I see you, you don't like girls."

"No, I do like girls but I'm not a playboy. And I have found the one I love."

"Uhmm, that's good to hear. So who's the Lucky girl?" Stephanie asked wondering who he loves.

"Okay, let's go inside before your starts looking for you, and comes here to beat me up." Sammy said as he stood up trying to avoid telling Stephanie he loves her.

Stephanie felt sad that he loves somebody else. But she just hid the pain she was feeling.
"Sammy, I'm sorry for what my brother did that day." Stephanie said with a pleading look.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize. Sammy said.

••••••••••••••••••••
After the party, Alita and her family went home. Alita was happy that she was getting married to Leo.
"At least he was not a stranger." She thought. Since she already knows the truth, all she have to do is apologize for not allowing him to explain. As Alita entered her room, she walked towards her dressing mirror and started taking off her earrings.

Lily opened the door and entered Alita's room.

"Hey." She said as she jump on Alita's bed.

"Do you know the meaning of privacy?" Alita asked.

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Because you're supposed to knock before you come in." Alita said.

"Okay." Lily said as she got up from Alita's bed and went to knock on the door.

"That's not how it's done Lily."

"Then how is it done?" Lily asked.

"You're supposed to go outside the room and knock."

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." Lily said and continued. "Now, let me go straight to the reason why I came here. Do you like the guy you're getting married to?"

  At the mention of Leo, Alita started smiling as she cleaned her makeup. Alita was no longer listening to her sister as she zoomed out and started thinking about Leo. He's still as handsome as always, with his blue orbs, thick brow, pink lips. "Oh, how I feel like kissing those lips." Alita, when did you start having those kind of thought about Leo? Her inner voice asked. You shouldn't put your hopes up. Maybe he has a girlfriend he's madly in love with and that's why he asked you to cancel the wedding. Her inner voice said. That's impossible Leo loves me and no one else. He's mine and mine forever. Nobody can take him away from me. Alita was fighting mentally with her inner self, when Lily immediately tapped her shoulder. Alita was startled by the touch on her shoulder and she immediately jumped back to reality.

"Alita what's wrong? Are you okay?" Lily asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Well, I just asked you a question and you started smiling at the mirror without giving me an answer. Are you sure you're alright."

"Yeah I am."

"Okay if you say so." Lily said. "As I was saying do you like the guy or you're already in love with him?"

"How will know if I like him when I just met him today." Alita lied.

"You've been smiling without a reason, and also you blushed at the party after seeing him. All in one day. So you're definitely in love with him."

"Okay, enough of your love lectures. You should go to your room and rest."

"Okay goodnight sis."

"Goodnight." Alita said and Lily walked out of the room. Alita went to the bathroom and changed into nighty and went to bed still thinking of how to apologize to Leo.