Chapter 10

The next day which was Saturday and also the day Stephanie will be discharged, Stephanie's mom and elder brother came. They both were worried about her. Sammy had already paid the hospital bills and any other necessary thing. But Stephanie's brother without listening to any explanation, pounce on Sammy, thinking he was her boyfriend.

"Hey,Adrian please stop" Stephanie said.

But Adrian kept on beating Sammy. Sammy who was innocent had his nose broken.

"Sir,please i'm sorry I only tried to help your sister." Sammy said with a cracked voice.

Adrian stopped hitting him and turned to face his sister.

"He only helped me to the hospital." She said.

"Well, sorry I thought he was your boyfriend." Adrian said as he let go of Sammy's collar.

"You can't just go around hitting any boy you see." Stephanie's mom said.

"Sorry mom."

"Well, you should be saying that to this gentleman."

"Mom, i can't do that it's not my fault that I hit him."

"Ma'am, he don't need to apologise. It was just a misunderstanding" Sammy said.

"You see mom,he understands." Adrian said.

Stephanie's mom walked towards Sammy.

"Son,I'm sorry on his behalf." She said.

"You don't have to be sorry." Sammy said.

Stephanie walked to him.

"Thanks for your help. I don't know where I would have been without you."

"Let's go." Adrian said.

"Can I get a hug." Stephanie asked Sammy as she spread her arms wide.

"Yeah,sure." Sammy said.

They both hugged each other. He could perceive her scent. He couldn't really guess,what her perfume were made of, if it was rose or vanilla because her brother dragged her along with him. Her mother smiled at him and thanked him again before she left the room.

"I couldn't even get her number." He thought. He walked out of the room. And walked to the reception. He saw Stephanie and her brother standing there. Immediately Adrian saw Sammy, he walked towards him and his sister followed him.

"Hey." Adrian called out to Sammy.

"Did you forget something."

"No nothing thanks for helping my sister. We don't want to owe you any money. So here." Adrian stretched out his hand to give Sammy the money paid for the hospital Bills.

"No,you don't have to pay me back." Sammy said.

"Well I have to." Adrian said as he put the money in Sammy pocket.

"But don't have to...."

"Keep the change." Adrian cut him off.

"Adrian you don't have to be so mean." Stephanie said.

"Let's go."

"I'm sorry." Stephanie said to Sammy.

"It's okay."

"Goodbye." She said as she waved at him.

"Goodbye." Sammy said back to her and also waved.

Sammy watched as she and her brother walked outside. Sammy was embarrassed and also disappointed. He drove to his dorm with sadness. After spending one night in the hospital, he couldn't even get her number. "You're such an idiot Sammy." He said to himself.

********
Sammy entered his dorm and was surprised to see Leo cooking in the kitchen.

"Am I dreaming?." Sammy asked.

"Well, you're not,why do you say so?."

"Well, since I know you, you never tried to Cook and it's surprising, that today you're cooking."

"You know time changes a person. And of course I don't want to die of hunger. I've been waiting for you to come and cook. but it seems you were occupied with something." Leo said raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by occupied with something?" Sammy asked.

"Well what I mean is that, because of an unknown girl that isn't related to you, you've started bossing me around."

"You know we are buddies and always do everything together, so you know how to cope with my change of behaviour."

"But I don't behave like that."

"OK,fine, I'm sorry."

"That's more like it."

"So what are you preparing."

"Apple pie and some pancakes."

"OK,just hope you don't add poison in place of any ingredients."

"Thanks for your advice. I will keep that in mind." Leo said.

*********
After Leo finished preparing breakfast, they both sat down and ate breakfast. After breakfast Leo was scrolling through his phone while Sammy was typing on his laptop with all seriousness After some minutes, Leo went to the kitchen to bring two glass of juice for them.

"Here." He gave Sammy one of the glasses.

"Thanks." Sammy said as he took a sip and continue typing on his laptop.

"What are you doing." Leo asked.

"Doing some research." Sammy answered.

"Well,I attended the same class as you throughout the week and the lecturers didn't give any project or things to do research on."

"It's something outside school work."

"OK,what's it."

"Why do you have to do a research on her? did she give you an assignment? wait! is she a new lecturer in college?."

"Leo, you ask too many question. I'm searching for her on Facebook."

"Wait, don't tell me that's why you're so serious."

"Yeah, why shouldn't I be serious?" Sammy asked.

Leo burst out laughing and fell of his chair.

"Sammy, you're not even serious when it comes to school project, how come you're suddenly serious."

"Well, of course I'm always serious and just a little bit playful sometimes."

"Do you think they are going to add Stephanie as one of the subject we should study in our course?"

Sammy looked at Leo and turned back to his laptop.

"You should support me,just the way I support you. So bring out your phone and start looking for Stephanie."

"Is she missing that I have to look for her?" Leo asked.

"Can you be serious for once in your life." Sammy said with anger.

"Okay, I'm gonna help you find the missing piece in your life.

" please stop talking."

"Okay."