Chapter 13

"What." Alita screamed as she dropped her cutlery.

"Well you are getting married for the company's sake."

"Why." She asked.

"I'm getting older and you won't be able to manage the company on your own. So you are getting married in order to merge two company's." He said.

"But I don't want to get married." Alita said, getting up from her seat.

"But you have to do it dear, for the sake of our company." Alita's mother said.

   Alita ran upstairs to her room and locked the door. She just wanted some time alone. Her parents didn't even inform her before making decisions for her. She was angry with her parents especially her mom. She didn't even try to tell her. Throughout the day. She locked herself in her room.

     After hours of she being locked up in her room, she heard a knock on the door. She checked the time, it was 2:00am.

"Alita." She heard her sister calling her.

"What is it Lily." She asked.

"Please come out. I want to talk to you."

Alita opened the door and came out.

"What do you want?" She asked Lily.

"Well, I just wanted to say that mom has been worried about you, she has been crying and pleading with dad to call off the wedding. But dad refused. Can you please come and speak with mom?" Lily asked.

"OK,I'll try." She said and followed Lily downstairs .

*********
Leo sat in his room chatting with Sammy when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." He said.

His dad came in.

"Hey son."

"Dad you're back." Leo said.

"Yes I came as soon as Rose phoned me that you're back."He said. " I wanted to talk to you about something. "Leo's dad said.

" Alright go ahead. "Leo said keeping his phone aside.

" Leo, you know you will be the one to inherit the family company after my demise. "He said.

" Yes dad. You've told me severally. "Leo said.

" That's good. I know what I'm about to tell you will make you angry but please just do it for the company's sake."Leo father said.

"Dad you see the two things I can never do is being angry at you and neglecting anything that has to do with the company. So just say it and it shall be done." Leo said.

"Leo I want you to get married to my Friend's daughter so that we can merge the two companies together hereby expanding our company." His dad explained.

"What." Leo exclaimed. "Dad how could you come up with such an idea." Leo asked.

"But you just said you will not be angry so why are you becoming upset." He said.

"Dad, I can do anything but this." Leo said.

"Please Leo, even if you don't do it for me please just do it for the company's sake." He begged.

"Alright fine I've heard you. I'll think about it and get back to you." Leo said.

"Thanks son, thanks for even making an attempt to think over it." He said.

"You're welcome dad. So are you happy now." Leo asked.

"Yes I'm super happy." He said excitedly.

"So I'll call you at 2:00pm tomorrow afternoon to meet me up so that you can see her." Is that alright with you he asked?

"Yes,that's fine." Leo answered.

*********
"Hello Mr. Simmons."

"Hello Mr. Sullivan, nice to finally hear from you again."

"You too. I just called to inform you that my son would like to meet your daughter."

"He agreed." Mr. Simmons asked.

"Yes, what about your daughter."

"She will agree to it don't worry."

"OK, Mr. Simmons."

"Where should they meet."

"At Makarious fries by 1:00pm tomorrow."

"OK ,I will tell her."

**********
In the morning Alita went down stairs and her dad called her to his office. She walked into his office and found him sitting on his study table.

"Dad, you called me."

"Yes, your mom told me this early morning that you agreed to get married."

"Yes, I did it for mom and also for the company's sake."

"OK, that's good to hear. You're going out to see the guy by 1:00pm at Makarious fries today, so get prepared.

" How will I know him when I see him."Alita asked.

"Don't worry I'll send you a picture of him."

"OK."

  Time went by quickly as Alita got prepared for a date with a guy, she has never meet. Lily helped her to pick an outfit and also do her makeup. She did prefer it if she don't makeup, because she don't like it, it make her feel uncomfortable. After all her dressing and makeup were done,she went down stairs to her car and drove off to the location.

     When she reached Makarious fries, she waited expecting her dad to send the picture in no time. But after minutes of waiting, she finally decided to call him.

"Hey dad, I've been waiting and you haven't send the pictures."

"Sorry dear, it slipped my mind." I'll send it right away. "

"Okay, I'll be waiting." She said and hung up.

   Alita looked around the restaurant and called a waiter. She ordered a glass of juice, which the waiter went running to bring. She scrolled through her phone for some second before the waiter brought her order.

" Thanks." Alita said

"you're welcomed ma'm."

     The weather started to change, it seem like it is going to rain. She  turned her phone on to check the weather forecast but her phone was out of reception. She stood up immediately, raising her phone up to search for signal. Her Dad still hadn't sent the pic of the guy she was supposed to meet. She looked around and saw people in the restaurant watching her. They were distracted by her behavior. She quickly walked away from crowd and went towards the bathroom.

        ********
I have been waiting here for the past 30 minutes, waiting for a girl in a black dress without a name. My dad haven't even seen her before, yet he asked me to go on a date with her. What if she look like a monkey, or even worse. Leo got up still scrolling through his phone when someone accidentally bumped into him while walking towards the washroom. His phone fell on the floor.

" Are you blind. " He shouted as he immediately bent down to pick his scattered phone without looking at the person.