Chapter 33

Happy birthday Stephanie." Sammy said. As Stephanie withdraw from hugging him.

"Sorry about that. I was just excited seeing you." She said as she pushed the hair falling to her face behind her ear.

"Thanks for coming."

"It's okay. I'm here now. Friends should always be there for each other."

"Just friends uhh. Nothing else." Stephanie thought.

"Where's my." She whispered in a low voice.

"What did you say?" Sammy said.

"Never mind. Just enjoy the party." Stephanie said as she walked away from him." He's such an idiot. Don't he know he's supposed to get me a gift on my birthday?"

Sammy knew Stephanie was angry because he didn't present any birthday gift. He didn't mean to make her angry, He was just trying to get on her nerves. "Don't worry Stephanie you're going to receive a present from me." He muttered under his breath.

Stephanie returned back to were she was sitting. Her friends surrounded her and looked at her as if she was a special sculpture in the museum.

"What's up with you and Samuel Parkinston." Daisy asked anxiously.

"His name is Sammy. He's the guy I told you about." Stephanie said.

"Are you kidding me." Karen said.

"Don't tell me you don't know the guy is Samuel Parkinston." Stephanie said.

"I just told you he's Sammy, and not Samuel Parkinston." Stephanie said.

"Whatever. Can you get him on a blind date with me?" I'm sure he's single." Jeanine said.

"Jeanine!"

"Don't tell me you like him."

"No, no....no! I Don't, he's just a friend." Stephanie stutter.

"Then do me a favour and get him on a blind date with me." Jeanine said with a smile on her face.

"Ok....." Stephanie said.

"You're Lucky Jeanine. Since you're the one who has been crushing on him even before he was crowned as the most eligible Bachelor of the year. You can have him. He's all yours." Vanessa said.

"Yeah, that right." The girls said in chorus except Stephanie who was confused.

Karen turned from her friends and looked at Sammy.

"Stephanie, please help Jeanine with this favour before any girl wins his heart. You know he's very popular. And girls will kill to be his girlfriend." Karen said to Stephanie.

"What a disgusting girl. She's pestering him." Vanessa said.

Stephanie looked at the girl Vanessa called disgusting. She was all over Sammy. She kept on rubbing his bare chest. It seems like the girl wants to take a picture with him. But with the way she was touching him, it was far more than just taking pictures. Stephanie felt her blood boil as she watched Sammy. She felt her heart ache.

                    *****
After the beach party, Stephanie went home and got changed for the party they were holding at the club.

When she got to the club, it was dead silent. It's as if nobody came for the party. She walked inside and it was dark. Before she could turn on the light on her phone, She heard the sound of something pop and then some people shouted. "Happy Birthday." Before the light were back on.

Stephanie smiled seeing all her friends present.

"Thanks you guys."

"Let the party begin." Daisy screamed.

The music started blasting through the speakers and they started dancing. Stephanie walked to the bar and sat on one of the stools.

"Hello, Birthday girl." Sammy said from behind her.

"Gosh you scared me." Stephanie said.

"Close your eyes."

"Why." Stephanie asked.

"Just close your eyes."

"Okay." Stephanie said as she closed her eyes.

Sammy opened the box. "Open your eyes now." Sammy said. And Stephanie looked at the box. He was holding in front of him.

"Oh my God!" Stephanie exclaimed as she opened her eyes. "Thanks Sammy." She said as she took the necklace from the box.

"It's okay. Let me put it around your neck." Sammy said as he moved closer to her. He took the necklace from her and helped put it around her neck. Stephanie flushed as Sammy hand came in contact with her colar bones.

"Thanks." Stephanie said again and Sammy smiled at her.

"Let's get a drink." Stephanie said.

Stephanie ordered a drink for herself and Sammy.

"Sammy, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" She asked as she took a sip from her drink.

"Are you serious?" He asked "Just a sip of that drink made you forget my name."

"No. What's your full name."

"My name is Samuel Parkinston."

"Looks like I was in the dark. We have been friends for more than a month. And I don't know your full name."

Sammy smiled." It weird right. I don't even know your full name either."

"Well, you didn't ask." Stephanie said. "My name is Stephanie Miller."

"Nice to meet you Stephanie Miller."

"Nice to meet you too Samuel Parkinston."

They both laughed at themselves after introducing themselves like they just meet.

William Scott. Adrian's friend took a picture of them as they had fun at the bar. He had been having a crush on her since she turned fifteen. When Adrian found out, He told him that his sister like him too and won't hesitate to be his girlfriend. But he just couldn't understand, first she was dating Dylan and now this guy. He hadn't even found the time to ask her out. He felt hurt seeing them together. He quickly sent the picture to Adrian with a message.     "Who is this guy."

                    *****
After taking a few shots, Stephanie was getting tipsy.

"Are you okay?" Sammy asked as Stephanie slammed the glass hard to the table.

"I'm fine let's dance." She said and took Sammy hand and dragged him to the dance floor where people were dancing.

"I don't know how to dance."

"Just move to the beat." Stephanie said as she moved her body.

"Sammy just did as she said and danced with her. He didn't even know if his steps were following the beat of the music, as he was confused by the way she swayed her hips.

The night was full of fun and Stephanie ended up drunk and couldn't drive. So Sammy who was still in his right mind helped her. The ride to Stephanie house wasn't really what he had expected from a drunk person. She kept on talking about how he was handsome with seriousness. It was as if she wasn't drunk. She told him how she felt and a lot more. But he didn't believe it as Stephanie was drunk and was not in her right state of mind. When he parked the car in front of her house, Stephanie tried to remove her seatbelt but she couldn't. So Sammy decided to help. As he removed the seatbelt, Sammy was surprised with what happened next. Stephanie moved closer to him and kissed him. "I love you." She said and then fell unconscious.