Chapter 20

Weeks have passed after the merging of both companies. Alita and Leo already resumed their post as CEO's. They both see each other everyday at work, but act like strangers. Alita already apologized to Leo and told him she found out the truth and she is really sorry for how she treated him. But Leo's reply was shocking. "It's okay, you don't have to apologize. Even if you found out the truth sooner or later, it won't make any difference. Well that's all in the past now. You should forget about it." He said.

Alita was so embarrassed. After all the courage she gathered to apologize, that was just his simple reply. Leo has changed a lot, that's what she thought. But she never knew he will change to the extent of not wanting to have a conversation with her. At the office, he only talks to her in monosyllabic words; Yes, No. And always gives her a lot of file to sort or a lot of task to do.

He was no longer the cheeky guy who will do the simplest things for her. In fact she was getting tired of him. But she have to show him how strong she is. And of course, it could be that he's just testing her. And she knows how Leo loves her and couldn't have moved on so quickly.

•••••••••••••••
Leo and Alita's parents have started the wedding preparations. Alita's mom Katherine was busy looking for a suitable venue for the wedding reception and the best catering group for the wedding.
Lily and Rose were in charge of Leo and Alita dressing, to make sure they get the perfect wedding dress and Suit. And also the perfect engagement ring and wedding ring. While their individual fathers were contacting their guests.

  Today Leo and Alita were taking a day off, to go shopping with Lily and Rose helping them out.

"Alita, Leo and Rose are down stairs, please come down, so we can go." Lily said.

"Okay, I'm coming." Alita said as she picked up her bag, did her hair and applied light makeup.

  Five minutes later when Alita got downstairs, Leo, Rose and Lily were no where to be found. She walked inside the kitchen and saw her mom and dad both baking cupcakes.

"Hey, Love birds." Alita said.

"Hey Alita." They said in unison

"Where is Lily?" Alita asked

"They've gone shopping." Mrs. Katherine said.

"Well, Leo said we should tell you to come to Jessilvinny mall. He couldn't wait any longer because he has a meeting later in the afternoon. So he had to get done with shopping quickly." Mr. Simmons said.

"But that's why we agreed to take a day off. So we could concentrate on shopping." Alita said.

"I guess he's a workaholic." Mr. Simmons said. "Run along now, so you could catch up with them."

"Okay, bye dad, bye mom."

"Bye honey." They said in unison.

   Alita drove to the mall. When she got there, Leo was already done shopping. He was standing outside scrolling through his phone.

"Leo." Alita called out to him as she came out of her car.

Leo turned his head towards her "You're late Alita." He said

"Traffic."

"Well, as you can see, I'm done shopping." He said raising the shopping bag. "Go meet the girls, they are still shopping. They will help you pick up the things you need." Leo said as he turned around and started walking towards his car.

"Leo, wait." Alita said and walked towards him as he turned to face her. " We were supposed to do the shopping together. What's with the sudden change of plans?" Alita asked.

"Alita, o don't have time for this chitchat. I have an important meeting to attend." Leo said.

"And that's exactly why we took a day off Leo. I mean all the meetings have been placed on hold. So what  meeting are you having that i don't know about? Remember we have to go to the jewellery store to buy the engagement and wedding rings."

"Alita, I already told you I have an important meeting to attend. So go do your  shopping. Lily and Rose can also help you in buying the rings." Leo said and entered his car and drove off. Immediately he left, Alita called Mr. Sullivan told Alita that if Leo does not come back, she should call him back.

    While Alia and the girls were still shopping, Leo came back.

"So why did you come back?" Alita asked.

"Well, I wouldn't have come back if you hah not called my dad." Leo said looking away. "Be done with your shopping so we can go to the jewellery store." He said.

"Well you will have to wait a little longer." Alita said and Leo looked at her and walked away.

"She likes getting on my nerves." Leo thought.

•••••••••••••••••
"Ma'am how much is this diamond ring?" Alita asked.

"It's written under the ring box ma'am." The sales girl said.

"Alright." Leo said picking up a ring with much weight.

"You know I don't like wearing a ring that weights too much."

"Pick a ring already. I need to get out of here." Leo said unconcerned.

"Where does he think he's going to? I won't let him get out of my sight." Alita thought to herself.

"Leo, please come over I've found the perfect ring." She called out

"If you've found the perfect ring, pick it up and buy it." He said.

"It doesn't go like that. You will have to pick it up yourself and follow the normal procedures." She said shyly.

"What stupid procedure?" He asked. "If you can't pick it up yourself, then I will leave you here and drive away." He said.

"If you leave me here, I will hire a cab and also go home. Let's see who takes the blame." She said.

"What a silly girl, I know she will soon call my dad to complain again. I wonder why she's acting childishly. He said in a low voice.

"Did you say something?" Alita asked.

"Whatever I say is none of your business." He said walking closer to her to pick the ring. He took the ring and put it in Alita's finger. Alita removed the ring and put it back in Leo's hand.

"That's not how to engage a lady." She said.

"Alita, just wear the ring. You're wasting too much time." Leo said. "You know if you don't wear the engagement ring, there will be rumours flying around that we can't afford a diamond ring."

"Alright. I've heard you." She said wearing the ring back.

After buying the rings, Leo walked to his car and wanted to drive off but Alita called out to him.

"Leo, are you going to leave me here? Or don't you know that Lily and Rose left with my car?" She asked before entering Leo's car.