Chapter 14

"I'm so sorry." Alita said trying to help him pick up his scattered phone. When she bent down, their hands touched and Leo felt as if he knew the person so he raised his head to look at her. And when he saw that it was Alita, he was surprised. He suddenly realised he shouted at her and felt bad about it.

"I'm so sorry, I never knew you were the one." Leo said apologizing. "By the way, what are you doing here? No never mind I'm sorry once more bye." Leo said as he walked away.

"This is not the Leo I know." She thought.

"The Leo I know is very friendly and chats with people whenever he sees them. His new behaviour is very awkward." Alita said.

"I'm getting married soon and I don't want to disappoint my father and the company. So I think I did the right thing by walking away from Alita because if I had stayed there and talked to her I would have fallen more for her and that will not be good as I am getting married very soon." Leo thought as he walked out of the restaurant. He went home as he didn't find the girl dressed in black that his father asked him to meet.

"Rose I'm home." Leo shouted as he opened the door of their house.

"Welcome bro, how was your date?" Rose questioned.

"Well, I wouldn't say it went well because I didn't even get to meet the girl I am to marry." Leo answered.

"What." Rose exclaimed. "You mean you waited there for her and she didn't show up." Rose asked not sure of what to think.

"You are right, that's exactly what happened." Leo said.

***********
"Mom,Lily I'm back." Alita shouted as she got home.

"Welcome dear. How are you doing?." Her mom asked

"I'm fine mom good evening." Alita answered.

"Good evening. So tell me how did it go." She asked.

"Mom can I at least sit and have a glass of water because I'm really thirsty." Alita said

"Yeah sure." Her mom replied.

Alita sat down and her mom gave her a chilled glass of water which she drank in one gulp.

"So Dear, how did it go?" Her mom asked again.

"Mom you won't believe that I wasn't able to meet the guy Dad described." Alita said

"Why? What happened? Did you change your mind?" Her mom asked alarmed.

"Mom I didn't change my mind. The guy didn't show up at all and Dad couldn't send me his picture because there was no signal in my phone. If he had sent me the picture it would have been more easier to look for him." Alita said

"This is not good at all."

"Alita .........." Lily screamed as she ran downstairs to hug her.

"How are you little sis?" Alita asked smiling.

"I'm fine. How was your date?" Lily asked

"Hmmmm.... not good." Alita replied

"Why?" Lily asked

" I will tell you all about it later but for now I want to go freshen up and look for something to eat." Alita said.

"Okay." Lily replied.

•••••••••••••••••
"Welcome dad." Leo said as his dad entered his house.

"Oh Leo! I didn't think you will be back by now." He said