Chapter 28

The next day, after Sammy's workout with Stephanie at the Gym, he drove off to his elder brother's house.

He parked at the parking lot and came out of the car. And walked towards the door to ring the door bell. Within seconds,the door was opened revealing his elder brother.

    "Thank goodness you came. I was going to die of an heart attack."

"Why?" Sammy raised an eyebrow.

"Just come in."
    As Sammy entered the house, he was hugged by his four year old nephew Jeremiah.

"Oh, Uncle Sam, I missed you so much." He said with his baby voice.

"I missed you too." Sammy said as he carried him and he giggled.

"Sammy come help me." His brother called out to him.

"I'm coming." Sammy as he dropped Jeremiah down and followed his brother to the kitchen. As he entered the kitchen he looked at the place in disgust.

"What happened in here?"

"Well I was trying to bake a cake for Riley's birthday."

"Where's your wife?"

"She's upstairs and I can't afford to stress her because she's seven months pregnant." He said.

"So, you are telling me Riley's birthday is today and I should bake the cake and also clean the mess you've made in the kitchen."

" Not only the kitchen the whole house. Because I'm leaving to go shop for the things we need to decorate the house." George said and continued  "Here's the list of the dishes you need to prepare. Please be done by one 1:00pm because the party starts by 2:00pm." He said in one breath.

"Why didn't you guys make preparations on time?" He asked and continued "So you're leaving me to do all these work?"

"Yeah, because she's your favourite and you won't want her to cry when she comes back with our parents would you."

"No."

"So do everything I asked you to." He said as he walked out of the kitchen."

"Where am I going to start from?" Sammy asked himself.

"I need a helping hand." Sammy said

"I can help you Uncle Sam." Jeremiah said as he poured a whole box of cereal in a small bowl, making the cereal pour all over the kitchen table.

"Oh no, I have to clean that up too." Sammy said.

"I'm sorry Uncle Sam."

"Ok, let me help you with that." Sammy said as he walked towards Jeremiah to help pour the milk into the bowl.

"Thanks Uncle Sam." Jeremiah said.

Sammy walked back to the mess his brother made. He sighed and then look at the time. It was 9:00am and he has four hours to do everything. He won't be able to finish if he did everything alone. He needed someone to help him. He has only two options either he calls Claudia to help him or he calls Stephanie. He couldn't ask for Claudia help because she's pregnant, and shouldn't be disturbed.

After enough thinking, he decided to call Stephanie.
"Hello."

"Hey Sammy." Stephanie said feeling excited he called. He already miss me. Even when we were together 30 minutes ago. Stephanie thought.

"I really need your help." Sammy said. "But I don't know if you're free. But I need someone to help me with my Niece Birthday party." He said

"Yes, I'm free, just send the location." Stephanie said

"Ok, I'll hang up now." Sammy said and hung up.

****~****~****~****

Stephanie's heart leapt for Joy. It made her happy she was going to spend time with Sammy. She got dressed and walked out of her room. As she came out, her mom walked towards her.

"Where are you going?" Her Mom asked

"To help my friend with his Niece Birthday party." Stephanie said

"Okay. Stephanie are you dating someone?" She asked

"Why asking me this question all of a sudden?"

"That's because I want to know."

"Mom I have to go. See you later." She said and pecked  her cheeks.

Stephanie got the parking lot, and was surprised that her car Tyre were flat. She immediately knew it was her Mom's doing. She didn't want her to go out. Her Mom knows she won't go any where without her car except someone's taking her. Well she was going to disappoint her Mom today. She was going to hire a  cab, when the cab came, Stephanie got in and gave the driver the location.

Stephanie's mom was surprised that Stephanie hired a cab. She quickly rushed to her husband who was in the study room. When she entered, she sat on one of the chairs across him.

"Darling."

"Uhmm."

"You won't believe what just happened." She said

"What happened?" He asked

She began to narrate what happened to her husband. Her husband was surprised as Stephanie never entered a cab before. Even when their car broke down on their way from a trip. She waited for the other car to come. She didn't like entering a cab or taxi.

"Are you telling me Stephanie hired a cab. Just to go out."

"Yes."

"That's strange. Do you think she has a boyfriend?"

"Yes I think so. But  when I asked, she didn't say anything. She's being secretive about it."

"Just let her be. She would tell us when the time comes."He said.

"Okay, if you say so. I will let your little princess be."

****~****~****~****

Stephanie got to the address and Sammy was standing outside the gate waiting for her. He was so relieved to see her. Stephanie came out of the cab, and Sammy walked towards her. He quickly paid the cab driver before  Stephanie could reach out for her purse.

"Stephanie, thanks for coming. It really means a lot." Sammy said.

"It's okay." Stephanie said

"Let's go inside." Sammy Said. He led the way while Stephanie trailed behind him.

     When they got inside, Jeremiah was watching TV. His attention was  suddenly drawn to the girl who just entered his house. He walked towards them and hugged one of Sam's leg. Sammy turned to his nephew.                                                                                                                                                 "Stephanie, this is my nephew."

Stephanie bend down to Jeremiah level and ruffled his hair.

"What's your name little boy?"

"My name is Jeremiah." He said "What's your name."

"My name is Stephanie." She replied

Jeremiah looked at his uncle.                                                                                                                             "Uncle Sam is she your girlfriend." He asked.