Meeting Dr. Otto Octavius

You run up the steps up to the university building, panting. You're running late to the first day of class with the renowned Dr. Otto Octavius. You know all about the events of 5 years ago, but it doesn't scare you at all. You are a bright, intelligent and ambitious student, eager to work for Octavius one day. This class on atomic physics is your way of taking the next step toward a degree and hopefully, an internship.

As you reach the top of the stairs, you take a pause before seeing the time, 10:13am. You have 2 minutes to be in a seat, book open and ready to learn, as Dr. Octavius' syllabus stated. With no time to waste, you continue into the building and begin looking for the lecture hall.

Room 214, you finally made it. You can hear Octavius completing role call. You slowly open the heavy door, that sits atop the lecture hall and quickly take the closest seat in the back row. No one notices your entrance much to your relief. However, Dr. Octavius is more observant than most.

He turns his attention to the back of the room where you just sat down seconds ago.

"Ah so nice of you to join us, come take a seat up here, I'm sure you'll be much more suited to the front" he announces.

You freeze. Why is he singling me out? Not wanting to cause issues on the first day, you oblige. You sheepishly pick up your things and approach the front. You are met with stares from the entire lecture hall as you walk down the steps to the front row. You sit down, now thoroughly embarrassed, avoiding eye contact with Octavius at all costs.

Otto looks at you intensely, watching you unload your backpack and take out your book. You look up, expecting to see him standing and waiting up at the board. But instead he is still standing right in front of you. You are met with not only the intense and intimidating stare of his eyes, but you notice the glowing eyes of his mechanical additions locked onto you as well.

Once he gets the eye contact he was looking for, he begins his lecture.

"Good morning class. My name is Dr. Otto Octavius, not Doc Ock, not Doctor Octopus, Doctor. Otto. Octavius" As he reiterates his name, the arms that once controlled him, bend to his will and write his name on the chalkboard behind him. "I will not be discussing anything related to the events of 5 years ago, so if that is why you are here, there's the door." One of his mechanical arms motions in the direction of the exit as another scans the room. "As you can see, I have regained control of my higher brain function and these arms will pose you no harm. Now with that out of the way, welcome, to Atomic Physics 101."

You let out a sign of relief and begin taking notes.